Thirty Seven

Mikkel angrily walks towards The Don's office. Once there, he kicks open the door and it falls from the hinges.

There, he sees Tiffany quivering in The Don's lap.

There was also a small army of men with guns aimed directly at Mikkel.

"Oh? Is this the legendary Mikkel?"Johnathan asks.

Mikkel was shaking with anger, his bloody fists clenching.

"Yeah, you're even more badass than I thought you'd be. I can see on the cameras, you know."he says, signaling to the monitors on his desk that displayed the dozens of dead guards Mikkel had created.

"Mikkel-"Tiffany whimpers before being silenced by The Don's hand.

"Is this what you're here for? My doll?"Johnathan says.

"Get your fuckin hand off her face or I'm going to rip it off."Mikkel demands, making Johnathan smile.

"..that sounded like a threat."Johnathan smiles, making Tiffany whimper.

As soon as Mikkel takes another step, all guns in the room aim and fire at him. Tiffany screams, covering her eyes as she hears the bullets rip through Mikkel's body.

Once the firing stops, she hears him flop to the floor.

She whimpers, tears running down her cheeks as Johnathan grips her arms, pulling them from her face.

"It's okay now, doll. That wasn't so hard was it."He smiles, hugging her shaking frame.

She looks down at Mikkel's limp and bloody body, his eyes were still open and he had blood running out of everywhere on his body.

There were so many bullet wounds.

She sobs and looks away as The Don stands her up to get up himself.

"Alright. Get that body out of my floor before the blood gets to the hardwood."he huffs, walking around to his desk.

"That all you f-fuckin got, pussy?"

The room goes silent and Tiffany gasps.

Mikkel, who was a bloody pulp on the ground began to gasp, and chuckle.

"How the fuck is he still alive?"Johnathan asks.

Mikkel grunts as he lifts up his head, blood still draining from his mouth as he tries to get his arms under him.

"M-mikkel"Tiffany whimpers as he slowly sits up and lets out a long exhale.

"What the fuck is going on!"Johnathan shouts.

Mikkel finally stands up and groans.

"How the f-fuck?"The Don says, pointing a gun at Mikkel.

"You tried that already."Mikkel says.

The Don shoots Mikkel right in the head and Tiffany gasps as he falls to the ground again.

After a few seconds Mikkel groans again, slowly sitting up.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"Johnathan shouts.

Mikkel stands up wiping the blood off his face.

"Tiffany, come here."he demands.

Tiffany instantly runs into his arms, hugging him and whimpering.

"They killed you."She sobs.

"They did."Mikkel says looking at Johnathan.

"It didn't work."

Her breath shakes as Mikkel hugs her back.

He then gently pushes her to the side, making eye contact with Johnathan.

"I've got a bone to pick with you. A few bones, actually."Mikkel says, taking menacing steps towards Johnathan.

His guards were to shocked and horrified to move any closer, so Mikkel simply walks over to Johnathan.

"I'm about to hurt you."Mikkel says quietly.

....
Mikkel walks hand in hand with Tiffany out of the house and Jord simply could not believe it.

Mikkel was covered in blood and Tiffany was simply unharmed.

"No fucking way that worked! Where's the Don?"Jord asks.

Mikkel simply places a chunk of bloody flesh in Jord's hand.

"Everywhere. Get in the fuckin car."Mikkel says.

"Babygirl."Stephen says.

Tiffany doesn't look at him, or respond.

"Tiff. Please."Stephen begs.

"You sold me you piece of shit."Tiffany says, making tears brim in Stephen's eyes.

"I don't want to live with you anymore, daddy. You don't know what that man did to me. I was so scared. And it was all your fault."Tiffany whimpers.

Mikkel hugs her into his chest as she begins to cry.

"Happy?"Mikkel asks.

.......

Tiffany wanted to stay as close to Mikkel as possible, it's where she felt most safe.

She stands in the shower behind him.

She watches as he scrubs the blood off his face and body. She scrubbed his back.

"Mikkel, where are your bullet holes?"Tiffany asks quietly.

Mikkel huffs, putting his head under the shower and rinsing the blood from his hair.

"I have a blood disorder."he says.

"I know that. What disorder?"she says as he turns around.

"...I don't know. No one knows."he says, looking down at her bruised face.

He cups her cheek and gently rubs his thumb under her eye.

"No one's ever gonna hurt you again."he says softly.

This makes her smile a bit.

"I believe you." She says, cupping his cheeks and pulling him down to her lips.

....

Stephen sits quietly in his office, listening to old records and smoking a cigar.

He holds an old picture in his hand. A picture of him, Tiffany, and Tiffany's mother.

He smiles at the memories the photo brought. He felt like a failure. He failed to protect his daughter. And he thought he was doing so well keeping her safe.

He then huffs, sitting the picture down on his desk.

"Alright then. I guess it's about that time."he says quietly as he stands.