70

4 weeks later

Tiffany sits quietly at the counter, sipping a cup of tea.

Miriam places a plate of fresh pasta in front of her.

"Thank you."she says softly.

Miriam dries her hands as she watches Tiffany pick up her fork. But she stops as she sees the diamond ring on her finger. She instantly releases a huff.

"Ay, hermosa stop looking at that thing."Miriam says, putting her hands on her hips.

"I can't help it Mir."she says.

"Every time you look at that ring you lose your appetite, I'm sick of all my incredible cooking going to waste."she pokes, making Tiffany chuckle.

Miriam sighs, gripping Tiffany's hands.

"Hon, we haven't talked about Mikkel in a while. It feels like you have something you need to get off your chest."she says softly.

She takes a deep breath, shaking.

"I...he lied to me."Tiffany says softly.

"¿Cómo es eso?"she asks.

"He promised me he wouldn't go. He said he wouldn't go to Russia, and he still left me."Tiffany says, tears running down her cheeks.

"Oh, baby. I think I see what's going on here. You feel abandoned."she says.

Tiffany nods.

"First it was my mother, then my dad, and now the love of my life, and apparent FIANCE!"Tiffany yells, displaying her ring.

"Tiffany, I think you've been through a lot, and you're really stressed out."Miriam says softly.

"I am stressed! I haven't heard anything from Mikkel in 4 weeks! What if he's -"Miriam cuts off Tiffany's emotional rant with a quick slap to the face.

Tiffany takes a deep breath and then settles herself before putting her hand on her cheek.

"Thank you."she says quietly.

"Tiff, Mikkel is fine. He's a tough boy, basically invincible. He's fine."Miriam says softly as Tiffany wipes her tears and nods.

"I'm just scared, Miriam. I need him to come back."Tiffany says softly.

"Oh, I know my flor delicada. You love so hard, Mikkel is such a lucky man."she says, hugging Tiffany.

"And I know he's going to come back here and sweep you off your feet just like he always does."

Tiffany smiles as her lips quiver, and she hugs Miriam tightly.

....

Tiffany brings the last of the wine in the bottle to her lips.

Feeling woozy, she tries to pay attention to the show she had put on. She picks up a couch pillow and huffs as she tosses the empty whine bottle next to the full one on the other couch cushion besides her.

She frowns as she sees the romance movie that was on.

"Fuckin bullshit."she grumbles, picking up the TV remote.

She switches the channel and huffs, laying her head on her fist.

She hears a sound coming from the kitchen and she looks over. 

In the dark she sees a figure in the open back door.

She looks back over to her two bottles of wine.

Then she scoffs, shaking her head, turning back towards the TV.

She hears the door close and then heavy footsteps.