Twenty two

Mikkel and Tiffany sit next to each other at the dinner table. It was a silent scene, Tiffany on her phone and Mikkel observing.

Stephen enters the room and shortly after the servers begin to bring out the food.

"Sorry I'm late boys. Trouble in paradise."he huffs.

"What happened daddy?"Tiffany asks.

"Some fuckin banker guy with a smart mouth. Nothing to worry about sug-"he cuts himself off as he looks at Tiffany.

He notices the new hickeys on her neck, and then looks at Mikkel.

Mikkel then smiles and winks at Stephen.

"..nothing to worry about sugar plum."Stephen says, sitting down.

Stephen chuckles as everyone is served their food.

"Daddy, why can't Miriam come stay with us? I miss her cooking."Tiffany says, picking at the food on the plate.

"I miss her too, but we need to make sure she's safe after what happened at the house."Stephen says.

Mikkel doesn't touch his food yet and Stephen notices.

"Something wrong mik?"Stephen asks.

Mikkel shakes his head. He then leans over and whispers something into Tiffany's ear.

Stephen instantly notices her cheeks flush red and a grin slip on to her lips.

Mikkel then sits up and Tiffany attempts to hide her smile.

Mikkel picks up his fork and knife and begins to cut into the steak.

Tiffany still smiles, but begins eating anyway.

Stephen could see what Mikkel was trying to do, and it was working.

....

After dinner, Stephen, a few of his friends, Tiffany and Mikkel settled in the sitting room to watch a movie.

"Tiff, you got what you need to go back to school tomorrow?"Stephen asks, sitting next to her.

"I think so. If not I'll just go get it tomorrow."Tiffany says, leaning away from Stephen and putting her head on Mikkel's lap.

This greatly offended Stephen. Movie night was his special time with his daughter. Mikkel could tell it bothered Stephen and he smiles.

"Get up for a minute."Mikkel says.

Tiffany lifts herself up and Mikkel stands, walking away.

She then shifts to laying her head on her father's shoulder. This makes Stephen smile a bit.

"Why did you hurt Mikkel like that, daddy?"She asks quietly.

He huffs.

"I thought he was forcing you."

Tiffany sits up.

"Forcing me? Are you crazy?"she asks.

"It's okay now. It's done and over with."Stephen says.

She scoffs as she sits up. Stephen frowns a bit.

...

Mikkel walks off down the hall and into the kitchen. There, he picks up a slim kitchen knife and slides it into his sleeve.

Then, the kitchen doors swing open as he walks to the fridge. He opens the fridge and pulls out a beer.

"You know, when your boss tells you to track someone you should really do it stealthily."Mikkel says, using his teeth to twist the cap of the beer off.

He then turns and faces Duke, the guard who gave Tiffany her bruise.

"Just following orders."he states.

"Following orders is that right?"Mikkel says before taking a sip of his beer.

"Why'd he send you after me then?"

"Because I'm a killer, who's always ready to kill."Duke says.

"Did you say that when you abused Tiffany the other day?"Mikkel asks, stepping closer.

"I didn't abuse nothing."Duke says.

"You left a bruise on her."Mikkel says, progressivel getting more angry.

"Calm your tits man she's alright."Duke says.

Mikkel takes a deep breath and then smiles.

"Alright. Killer."he says, walking past.

Duke chuckles as he walks to the fridge. Just as he's about to open it, he feels something stab into his neck.

Mikkel, with angry eyes yanks the blade out of his neck.

Duke gargles as his hands come to his throat. Mikkel stands the man in the chest, deep, and yanks the blade out again.

"You're a killer, right?"Mikkel says before straddling the man.

Duke puts his arms out in defense, but Mikkel with his expressionless face forced his arms down and stabbed him in the chest again.

Duke grunts as the knife if pulled out and stabbed back in repeatedly. Mikkel's face was red with anger and blood as his fist shakes around the handle of the blade.

He takes a few deep breaths, holding the knife up.

He then sinks it into duke's chest once more and leaving it there, sitting up. Mikkel breathes as he moves his blonde hair out of his face and then stands.

He walks over to the sink and begins washing his hands and splashing water into his face.

He then walks over to the counter where he sat his beer and picks it up as he walks out of the kitchen.

The he enters the sitting room and sits down next to Tiffany.

She smiles as she lays her head back down on his lap. He puts his fingers into her hair as he takes a drink of his beer.