Forty Eight

SIX MONTHS LATER

Tiffany

I walk into my room and groan as I drop my bag on the ground. I then stumble over to my bed and fall face first onto it.

Then I groan again.

I nuzzle my face into my pillows and attempt to drift to sleep.

Then I hear a knock at my door.

"Oh my god WHAT!"I scream.

I look back, seeing Jord standing in the door way.

"Hey kid, why are you banging around?"he asks.

"I'm tired."I say.

"Hm."he says, walking into the room and sitting on the bed.

"Want to come help your dad and I?"he asks.

He asks.

"No."I say.

"Tiff, you can't keep moping around like this, it's been almost 7 months."he says.

"If you don't like it you can leave."

He huffs.

"Babygirl."he says, standing up.

"I know you miss him. You know you can talk to me, I'm not your dumbass daddy."he chuckles.

I huff.

"I keep smelling his shirt."I say.

"Awe, tiff."he pouts.

I huff as I sit up, lifting my pillow and revealing one of Mikkel's black t shirts, neatly folded.

It still smelled of his cologne.

"I can't seem to get rid of it. It's the only thing I have of his, throwing it away would mean I'm over him I guess but, I keep smelling it."I say.

"Because it makes you feel safe."Jord smiles.

I simply nod.

"Well, hey. You're turning 19 tomorrow."he says, poking at me and making me smile.

"Yeah. I hope the party turns out okay."I groan, sitting up.

"It's gonna be fine! Your dad and I have it all planned out. It's gonna be beautiful."he says.

I chuckle as my dad walks into the room. I always get visibly stunned at the new sight that was my father.

He was tan, and always smiling now. He and his new secret girlfriend have been spending a lot of time together.

Getting out of the game was really the best thing for him.

"There's my princess! What are you two talking about?"he asks, walking in with a few gift boxes.

"Boys, girls, drugs."Jord says in a feminine voice while swinging his feet.

"What are these for?"I ask?

"They're for you, some guy just dropped them off. I'm guessing it's from your granddad."he says.

"Why would it be from grandpa?"I chuckle.

"The bows. Grandpa makes his own bows, always has ever since I was a boy."he says, placing them on the bed before me.

"Shouldn't I wait for tomorrow?"I chuckle.

"Oh what the hell, your getting more then."he chuckles.
I smile as I untie the bow on the largest box.

I lift the lid off the box, being greeted by a small card and some pretty black wrapping paper.

"Oh a card, maybe that'll tell who it's from."I say, picking up the card.

"For your 19th birthday, a dress for a woman."

-M

I instantly think of Mikkel. No. Couldn't possibly. Then who is M?

I let out a shakey breath as I unfold the paper, revealing a beautiful red gown.

"Woooooww."Jord says, admiring the dress as I carefully lift it out of the box.

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."I chuckle.

"Go on go on open the others now I'm curious."Stephen says.

I pick up one of the smaller boxes and take the lid off. I see a beautiful diamond necklace and another card.

"Good god. That must be worth at least 50 grand."My dad says.

"To my smile."I read out loud.

"That is gnarly."Jord says.

"I think it's from Mikkel."I say softly.

"Mikkel? Tiff don't be crazy."Jord says.

"I know he said he never wanted to see me again. Giving me gifts isn't seeing me."I shrug.

"It's likely your grandad. I'll call him and check."My dad says.

"Grandad can afford 50k in diamonds?"I question.

"Of course he can, he lives off me."Dad huffs as he walks away, making me chuckle as well.

I smile as I look down at the dress and the necklace.

"I think I'm gonna wear it to my birthday party."I say.

"I for one very much look forward to see you in that dress."Jord says, making me laugh.

He then places his hand on my shoulder and pats it a few times.

"Babygirl, your like a sister to me so I'm going to talk to you straight. You need to leave Mikkel in the past."he says, making me huff.

"I know. I can't. I love him too much."I say, looking at the necklace.

"What did he do to you the last time you saw him, tiff?"Jord asks, making my lips quiver.

"H-he pushed me down. Broke my car window and threatened my life."I say softly.

"Does that sound like something someone who is in love with you would do?"

I shake my head and a tear falls from my eye.

"Give me that shirt."he demands.

"What? Noo!"I whine.

"C'mon tiff, it's for the better."he says.

I huff as I pick up Mikkel's shirt from under my pillow.

I give it one last aggressive sniff and then quickly place it in Jord's hands, knowing if I sniffed any longer I wouldn't have given it up.

"Im proud of you."he smiles before leaving the room with the shirt.

I felt like he walked away with a portion of my heart and I let out a soft sigh.