Sixty Five

"No, that's not what I'm saying."Mikkel says into the phone.

"Well then what are you saying boss, sounds like you're giving up on the mission."

"I'm not giving up on the mission."Mikkel huffs, leaning down and looking at Tiffany in his bed, her back to him.

"I'm just saying we have to go quietly now. I don't want Tiffany to see me leave."he says.

"Why not just bring her with us?"

"Yosef destroys everything he touches, and if he touches Tiffany, I'm going to burn this fucking planet to the ground."Mikkel says, gripping the railing of the balcony.

"Noted. Alright then, we're leaving in two days, just be ready."

The phone hangs up and Mikkel huffs, putting his phone in his pocket and then walking back into the room from the balcony.

He sees Tiffany's bare back, following the length of her spine down with his eyes and he huffs, seeing how beautiful she looked asleep.

He climbs into bed gently, and instantly Tiffany shifts to where they cuddled, her chest against his.

He chuckles as he sees her nuzzling against his chest and he wraps his arms around her, pulling her close.

"Fuck, I could stay here forever."he says softly.

Tiffany smiles, nuzzling her face against his chest.

Mikkel smiles a bit as he hugs her close. But his smile dies as he thinks about his upcoming mission.

He brushes his thumb over Tiffany's hairline a bit, making her smile at the comfort it gave her.

He looks up at the ceiling in thought.

Tiffany was very important to him. He was thinking of the consequences of actually leaving behind her back.

He couldn't sleep.

.....

Tiffany

I wake up, my face against Mikkel's chest. I look up at the beams of sunlight peaking through the curtains and take a deep breath.

I sit up, slipping out of Mikkel's grip and stretching.

I look down at Mikkel and see his eyes partially open.

"Oh, good morning."I say.

"Morning"he says quietly.

"Did you get any sleep at all?"I ask, cupping his cheek and rubbing my thumb softly under his eye.

He shakes his head.

"Poor baby. You stay in bed, I'll go get the house started."I smile.

"Thank you baby."he says softly as I lean down and press a kiss to his lips.

I scoot out of bed and make my way out of the bedroom.

...

I go downstairs, seeing Miriam already preparing our cups of coffee and some pastries for breakfast.

"Good morning Tiffany."she smiles.

"Good morning Miriam."I smile.

"Where's your man?"she chuckles bumping my hip with hers and making me chuckle as well.

"He didn't get much sleep last night so he's staying in bed."I say.

"Oh something must be on his mind."she says, offering me some fruit and a pastry.

"Thank you."I say, taking the plate.

"He's had this plan he's hatching, going to Russia and burning down a school. I convinced him to stay last night I think."I say.

"Awe. I hope he's okay."She says, preparing him a plate.

"He'll be okay."I smile, blushing as I think about earlier this morning.

"Oooohh? What's that smile bebita? Oh nevermind, I know that smile."she says, bouncing her eyebrows at me.

I laugh and cover my face.

"It was magical."I say softly.

"Oh goodness. It must've been, they way you're smiling."she smirks.

"Mir, we didn't even take our clothes off."I say.

She chuckles into her drink, spewing it all over the place and making me laugh out.

"What are you two laughing about?"Mikkel asks, folding the collar of his shirt down over his tie as he walks down the stairs.

"Uhg you're wearing a suit, I love it when you wear suits."I say.

"I say

"I know

"I know."he says, adjusting his tie.

"I thought you were going to stay in bed?"I pout as he walks over to me.

"I just got a phone call."he says.

"What was it about?"I ask, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Don't you worry yourself about that. I'm going to tell you the entire new plan when I get home."he says.

"So you really are staying."I ask with a smile.

"I'm staying."he says before kissing my lips.

"I love you."he says S the kiss breaks.

"I love you too."I smile as he walks away.

"I'll be back soon."he says before leaving the house.

I lean against the counter, my cheeks hot.

"I wish someone would make me all red like that."Miriam says, making me turn towards her and chuckle.