Twenty- Eight

Silence at the dinner table. Stephen's eyes were fixated on Mikkel as he eats his Chinese takeout.

Tiffany notices the strange stare and waves he hand, attempting to get her dad's attention.

It fails.

"Daddy."Tiffany finally says.

"Yeah, sweetheart?"Stephen says, looking at Tiffany.

"Are you alright?"she asks.

"Of course baby, everything is fine."

Everything was indeed not fine. The brutality of Mikkel has actually struck fear into his heart.

Imagine what that brute could do if Tiffany upset him. Stephen could only do that, seeing them together.

"You got a problem with your fuckin eyes or somethin'?"Mikkel asks, looking up at Stephen.

"Watch how you talk to the boss."Donnie demands.

"The fuckin boss eh?"Mikkel says, picking at his food.

"Hush, Mikkel."Stephen says.

"No, actually why don't we address the big fuckin elephant in the room."Mikkel smiles.

"Not now."Stephen says, glancing to Tiffany.

"Why do you keep trying to have me killed, Stevie?"

The room goes silent again.

"Daddy, is he serious?"Tiffany ask.

"No Tiffany, I'm not trying to have Mikkel killed."Stephen huffs.

"Coulda fuckin fooled me."Mikkel says.

"Enough, with the disrespect."Stephen says.

"You ain't earned my respect yet."Mikkel says.

Tiffany elbows him, signaling him to shut up.

"Mikkel, can I speak to you in the other room please."Stephen says calmly standing.

Mikkel rolls his eyes and takes his napkin off his lap before he stands.

Tiffany groans as she watches them walk off.

...

Mikkel follows Stephen till they come to his off. Mikkel puts his hands on his hips and huffs as Stephen leans against his desk.

"You gonna speak or what?"

Without warning, Stephen turns around and throws a punch.

Mikkel dodges the hit, and places his foot before Stephen's feet before standing straight and pushing him down, tripping him.

Stephen grunts as he hits the ground. Mikkel huffs, putting his foot on Stephen's back.

"You're getting old man. I don't know how much more of this stress your body can take."Mikkel says.

Stephen yells angrily, getting himself up and causing Mikkel to step back.

"YOU GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"Stephen shouts, picking up his gun.

Mikkel smiles.

"You gonna shoot me big guy?"Mikkel asks.

Stephen's fist shakes angrily around the handle of the gun.

"Shoot me."Mikkel says, stepping closer.

Stephen steps back and Mikkel steps closer again.

"Fuckin shoot me, Stephen."he says, stepping closer again.

"What you can cut my finger off but you can't shoot me? SHOOT ME!"Mikkel shouts.

Suddenly Stephen shoots Mikkel in the shoulder and Mikkel falls to the ground.

The room suddenly becomes vibrant as panicked men begin to rush in guns drawn.

"What happened boss!?"one asks.

Tiffany suddenly breaks through the wall of men. She shrieks once she sees Mikkel on the floor.

"No! Daddy why!?"Tiffany yells as she drops to her knees with Mikkel.

"Baby I j-"Mikkel cuts him off.

"He shot me."Mikkel says.

"God damn it! Why can't you just accept us!"Tiffany shouts.

"Tiffany i-"Stephen was cut off again.

"You didn't just straight up shoot the kid, did you boss?"one guy asked.

"He-he-"

"He brought me in here to kill me."Mikkel says, causing Stephen to look at him.

"For fuck sake dad! That's it I'm done!"Tiffany sobs, helping the weak Mikkel stand up.

"Babygirl please-"

"Why'd you shoot him?"one man asks as Donnie enters the room.

"I was just-"

"What the hell happened here?"Donnie asks.

"I wasn't trying to-"

"Alright, every body out, someone get this kid to a hospital hurry up."Donnie says.

People begin to file out of the room, helping Mikkel and Tiffany.

Stephen notices Mikkel looking back, his face was pale. But he smiles sinisterly at Stephen as they exit the room.

"Boss, what the hell happened?"Donnie asks.

"That little shit. That's his plan. He's trying to turn everyone against me. Little mother fucker, he's coming for my throne."Stephen says, dropping his gun on the desk.

"What the fuck are you talking about I told you the kid has no interest in the business."Donnie says.

"Yeah! That's what he wants you to think, yeah he's been playing fuckin mind games this entire time!"Stephen says.

"Boss, your starting to sound a little loony."Donnie says.

"I'm not fuckin crazy that little twerp if fuckin coming for me!"Stephen says.

"Boss, why don't we go have a drink hm? You're much calmer when you drink."Donnie says.

"You're not fuckin listening to me!"Stephen shouts.

...

Tiffany grips Mikkel's hand as they ride in the ambulance together.

"I can't fucking believe he did this to you."She says softly.

Mikkel, who was being worked on by a pair of paramedics only shakes his head.

"I can."he says.

"Does it hurt here?"one of the paramedics asks, putting pressure on his pectoral muscle.

"Yeah."Mikkel responds nonchalantly before looking at Tiffany.

"You sure you don't want to come away with me?"Mikkel asks.

Tiffany huffs into a small smile.

"Let's just get you better first."she says.