fourteen

I sit up as I look down at Mikkel who was asleep in my bed.

I stretch as I stand up, walking into the bathroom.

I see myself in the mirror and I jump in shock.

I looked a mess, hair frizzy, scattered with hickeys all around my neck and chest, and to top it all off I didn't have on any pants.

"Hot damn."I say.

I walk over to the shower and turn it on.

....

Mikkel opens his eyes as he hears the facet turn on. He sees Tiffany looking in the mirror, admiring the hickey's on her neck.

When the room becomes steamy she turns towards the shower and slips her shirt over her head.

He admires her back as she drops her underwear as well and quickly jumps into the shower.

He groans quietly, stretching in bed as he slightly sits up.

He huffs as he sits up, looking around.

He groans again, his hands coming to his face.

"What are you doing Mikkel?"he says quietly to himself.

He rubs his eyes and huffs as he stands up out of bed, sporting his simple black boxer briefs.

He walks out of the room and down the stairs, scratching his scalp as he heads to the kitchen.

He opens the fridge and bends down to grab a beer.

He sits up, bringing the cap to his mouth and using his teeth to twist off the cap.

He takes a drink and begins his walk back towards Tiffany's room. But suddenly he stops. He takes his beer away from his lips and listens in the silence.

He turns back around, facing the living room and continuing to listen.

Listening, and listening, he finally hears commotion coming from the garage.

He walks over to the couch for his jacket, grabbing it and taking his gun from the holder.

Then he walks over to the garage door and points the gun towards the door.

Then he finally kicks open the door.

A shrill scream makes him look at the culprit in disgust.

It was an older woman. He points the gun at her face and she whimpers.

"Who the fuck are you?"he asks in a nonchalant tone.

"P-please I was just trying to see my daughter."she says.

"That don't answer my question."he says.

"I-i'm Gina, Tiffany's mother."She says, raising her shaking hands.

With the gun still on her he frowns at her.

He puts the gun down and she huffs with relief.

"She's in the shower. Stay in here."he demands, stepping aside.

She comes into the house with a shaking breath.

....

"Mikkel?"Tiffany calls as she comes down the stairs.

"Down here tiff."he calls.

She smiles as she skips down the stairs and sees Mikkel standing before the couch.

"What's up?"she asks, walking towards him.

Then she sees her mother on the couch and her smile dies.

"Mom?"she says.

"H-hi, sweetie."she says standing and opening her arms.

Tiffany stays put.

"Come on hun, it's been so long."she chuckles.

"Who's fault is that?"Tiffany asks.

Mikkel notices the tension between the two of them.

"Tiffany, honey I know I haven't been around much, your father is just.."Gina says.

"You're 18 now baby, you can choose who you want to stay with now, right?"

"Why is that important?"Tiffany says, taking a step back.

"Well, because I want you to come live with me hon, we-we can catch up, and start trying to build our relationship, you know."she says.

"We could've had a relationship if you would've stuck around, mom."Tiffany says.

"Honey please, just come with me please."

Mikkel begins to get an off feeling, and he grips the handle of the gun tighter.

"No mom I don't want to go with you, I'm staying with daddy."Tiffany says, Mikkel pulling her behind him.

"Baby you don't understand."she says, trying to step closer.

Mikkel points the gun at her.

"She understands."Mikkel says.

Gina puts her shaking hands up and Mikkel notices a tattoo on her wrist.

He walks over to her and she begins whimpering as he uses the barrel of the gun to nudge her sleeve down.

He sees a spider tattoo on her wrist and looks at her.

"It-its not what it looks like."She whimpers.

"Are you alone?"he asks, pressing the gun to her head and making her whimper as she falls down against the couch.

"Yes, yes I'm alone."she whimpers.

"Mikkel what are you doing?"Tiffany asks.

"She's with the remittis."Mikkel says.

"Please, please! I'm not after Stephen I just want my daughter, sh-shes not safe."she says.

"Neither are you."Mikkel says, loading the gun against her head.

"Mikkel you can't kill my mom!"Tiffany says.

"Why not?"Mikkel asks, nonchalantly.

Tiffany begins to panic, not thinking of any good reason she should be alive. She stays silent.

"I thought so."Mikkel says, looking back at Gina who was in tears.

"Get up."Mikkel demands.

She gets up and Mikkel walks her back towards the garage.

"If I find out you told anyone we were here, I'll gut you like a fish."he says before pushing her out of the house.

"Tiffany ple-"she was cut off my Mikkel slamming the door in her face.