Fifty Nine

I laugh as we exit the restaurant.

"That was incredible! It was like we were floating right in the middle of space eating lobster and poutine!"I say.

"I knew you'd enjoy that."Mikkel chuckles ashe walks me to the car.

He opens my door for me, allowing me to get in before he closes it.

Then he gets in the car himself.

"Any more surprises?"I ask, my eyes glistening.

"Maybe one or two."He says with a sly smile that makes me giggle.

I smile as the car pulls out of the driveway.

I was having fun, I admit. This was very fun.

"When I was a kid my dad would take my mother out on dates like this."he says softly.

I slowly look over at him.

"You never talk about your family."I say.

It was one of his rules. I could never ask about his family. He would never tell me.

Something isn't right.

"M-mikkel, I'm actually feeling a little nauseous, do you think we could just go home?"I ask.

"If that's what you want. I have a surprise there for you as well."he smiles.

"Oh really? Can I have a hint?"I ask.

"It's something beautiful and shiny."he says.

"Oh wow. I-i can't wait to call my mom and show her."I chuckle nervously.

"Of course. Tell everyone."he chuckles.

My heart stops, as does my breathing.

My hands begin to shake and I slowly shift to where I could face the door, pretending to look up at the stars.

I couldn't believe it.

It makes sense. Everything makes sense now.

This, is not Mikkel.

My breathing hitches and he looks over at me.

"Tiff, what's wrong?"he asks, placing his hand on my thigh.

"I'm okay. It's just..so beautiful."I say.

He chuckles.

"You're adorable."

......
We arrive at the house and he gets out of the car.

As he's walking over to my side I try to maintain my composure.

He opens my door and I smile as he helps me out of the car.

"Wait right here, I'll go get your surprise ready."he says, running up the stairs.

My hands shake as I reach into my purse, pulling out my phone and quickly heading to my contacts.

I press my emergency and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

I take a deep hitching breath before I speak.

"Daddy I need your help."I whimper softly.

....

Luca huffs as he unlocks the front door, going inside and closing the door behind himself.

He turns to face the living room, and freezes.

The basement door was wide open. He gasps as he sees that the door was kicked out from the inside.

He quickly goes into his pocket, pulling out his phone.

He slowly rounds the corner, looking I to the kitchen and seeing it basically destroyed, all of the food gone.

"Oh that's a lot of energy."Luca says, pulling his gun from the holster under his arm.

He looks around, listening. Suddenly, he feels something hard hit him in the side of the head from behind.

He falls to the side and breaks through the glass door that led out to the pool area.

Luca groans as he looks up, seeing Mikkel's dark figure standing above him.

"M-mikkel, hear me out."Luca says, backing up and then scrambling to his feet as Mikkel steps out of the house from the smashed glass.

As he comes into the light, Luca sees what he was struck in the head with.

A shot gun.

"I'm not hearing anything out."Mikkel says, aiming the gun at Luca who quickly raises his arms in surrender.

"Walk out there and tell Tiffany who you are."Mikkel demands.

"I won't."Luca says.

Mikkel drops the gun with one hand and swings it with the other, basically uppercutting Luca with the gun and causing him to lean back and fall into the pool.

Mikkel jumps in after him, taking angry strides towards his brother.

...

I begin to panic as I check how much time had past. Coming up on 20 minutes.

"Fuck."I say quietly, picking up my dress and walking up the stairs towards the house.

I get to the front door and open it, poking my head inside.

Nothing.

I step into the house and gasp, noticing all the broken glass on the ground.

I see a shot gun on the ground and I hurriedly pick it up.

I hear splashing coming from the pool and I walk towards it.

I see Mikkel angrily holding someone under water. The someone under water was struggling against him and he was grunting, trying to keep them under the water. The person's limbs were flailing around, splashing water everywhere.

I cock the shotgun once.

"Hey!"I shout, pointing the gun at him.

He looks up at me.

"Tiffany?"he says.

He then releases the man he was drowning, and he springs up vomiting water and gasping for air.

He looks up, seeing me as well.

I was shocked, looking at two of the exact same person.

"Tiffany."the Mikkel who was being drowned said.

"Help me-"he says, reaching his hand out towards me.

"Tiffany no!"The other Mikkel demands.

I was so confused, the knots of anxiety bundling and filling my stomach.

"Sh-shut up! Both of you shut up!"I demand.

The scene goes quiet and my breathing hitches as I look at the two identical men.

"Where is my mother?"I ask, my voice shaking.

"Dead, I shot that bitch in the face."The shirtless Mikkel says.

The gun in my arms instantly pans towards the Mikkel dressed in a suit.

"You, mother FUCKER!"I shout.

..