Forty five

"You're crazy."Mikkel says.

"I just need a few things."I shrug, nervous.

"The Don of the Mafia and the daughter section leader can't just be prancing around a fuckin mall, Tiffany."He says, putting a cigarette between his lips.

"What if we wear disguises?"I ask.

"Why are you suddenly obsessed with shopping. I thought you hated shopping."Mikkel says.

"But I'm bored, I don't want to just sit in the house all day and fuck."I say.

"What's wrong with fucking all day? Burns calories."he shrugs.

I pout my bottom lip and furrow my eyebrows, making my eyes wide.

"No."he says.

I lay my head down in his lap and then look at him, pouting.

He lets out a defeated huff.

"This is such a bad idea."

....

I giggle excitedly as we walk into the mall, clinging to Mikkel's arm.

"You're such a child."he says.

"I have been pampered all my life."I shrug.

He rolls his eyes and I chuckle.

"Okay, you can go sit down or get something to eat I'll be back!"I smile, trying to scurry away.

"Whoa whoa whoa. You're not going anywhere without me, you out of your mind?"he says.

"Oh please I'm fine. No one's going to recognize me! I look like Kenny from south park."I say.

"You're insane. I'm coming with you."Mikkel says, folding his arms.

"Oh my god, dad?"I say.

He turns his head and then I take off towards the escalators.

"Oh c'mon tiff! This is a very bad idea!"he calls after me as I chuckle, walking up the escalator.

The first store that comes into sight was Spencer's and I chuckle as I run toward it.

.....

After hours of joyfully shopping I began to remember why I didn't like shopping.

I groan, bags in hand as I walk into the food court where I told Mikkel to meet me.

I set my shopping bags down on a table and then huff as I take a seat. I feel the chair pull out on the opposite side of the table.

"I have a bone to pick with you."I jump as I hear the unfamiliar voice.

Then I look up, seeing Vinnie and I chuckle.

"Oh my goodness, hi."I say as he takes a seat.

"I didn't see you at my party a few weeks ago."he says.

"Oh yeah, well some stuff came up. It was a pretty grueling week."I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Are you goin now though?"he asks.

"Oh yeah, I'm okay now."I chuckle.

"So you wanna come to my party?"Vinnie asks with a smile, making me chuckle.

"Well, I'll have to bring a friend. But I'll talk to them about it."I smile.

"Sounds perfect."he smiles.

"What sounds perfect."

I hear Mikkel's voice and then see his hand move to Vinnie's shoulder.

Vinnie then cries out, Mikkel pressing on his collar bone.

"Mikkel!"I say.

"Sure got a lot of tattoos, pretty boy. Show me your arms."Mikkel demands.

Vinnie struggles to show Mikkel both sides of his arms.

Mikkel then forces his head down on the table, causing Vinnie to groan as Mikkel checks his scalp for tattoos.

"Let him go! Mikkel!"I say, pushing him.

Mikkel releases Vinnie and he groans.

"Fuck man."Vinnie says, rubbing his collarbone.

"Vinnie I'm so sorry, this is my b-"Mikkel cuts me off.

"Bodyguard. I'm her bodyguard."Mikkel says, looking at Vinnie.

"What the hell was that? The wo-sho shoulder hold? You psychotic nerd."Vinnie says.

"Boys, please I ju-"Mikkel cuts me off again.

"We'll be coming to your party, 'vinnie'."Mikkel says quietly.

"I'd be happy to see her there."Vinnie says back.

There was a brief silence, both men looking at each other.

"Ты будешь моей сучкой."Mikkel says before stepping away.

"C'mon tiff."He demands.

"I'm so sorry."I say to Vincent as I stand.

"It's okay."Vinnie says with a soft smile.

I then quickly grab my shopping bags and then run off after Mikkel.

....

I told you it was a fuckin bad idea."Mikkel says.

"You literally assaulted a guy! That was the only bad thing that happened! Your fuckin out of control!"Tiffany says back.

"Why the fuck were you talkin to the guy anyway."Mikkel says, gripping the steering wheel.

"Because he's my friend! I'm allowed to have those!"She says back mockingly.

"Unfuckin-believable your mad at me for doing my job what kind of shit is that."he says.

"How was that protecting me?!"I ask.

"What if he was a fuckin Remetti huh? What then?"he asks.

"You saw he didn't have a fucking spider tattoo!"I say.

"I didn't check all of him."Mikkel says, making me drop my hands into my head.

"We're going to that fuckin party. I'm gonna prove myself right."he says, looking at the road.

"Whatever. Just don't embarrass me."I say, looking out the window.