Thirty nine

"I guess that means we can stay hm?"Mikkel says, sliding the duffle bag off his shoulder.

"Don't you want to go back to your place?"I ask.

"Maybe to gather some things."he says.

"We should go then."I shrug.

"Alright."

.....

We arrive at Mikkel's house, which looked much different than I expected.

It was big, with a black and white color scheme.

Mikkel huffs as he turns off the car and then looks at me.

"Don't you fuckin freak out."he says.

"Why on earth would I freak out?"I ask.

"Just don't."he says before getting out of the car.

We both get out of the car and then walk to the door where he uses his keys again.

The door opens and I'm hit with fresh cool air and the scent of cooking meat.

"Oh my god that smells amazing."I say.

"Yeah she's probably in there cooking."Mikkel says, allowing me into the house.

"She?"I say.

"Who on earth is coming into this house-OH!"an elderly black woman with long silver hair and beautiful cheekbones gets excited as she sees Mikkel.

I stand there a bit confused as she runs up and hugs him, kissing his cheeks. Mikkel, who was embarrassed, pries her off of him and then fixes his hair.

"Jeez woman it's only been some months for fuck sake."he says, dusting the flower off of his jacket that had gathered from her clothing.

"But you know I missed my baby! Gimmie gimme gimme!"she says, reaching for his cheeks.

Mikkel promptly slaps her hand away and she chuckles.

I clear my throat and her attention was brought to me.

"Oh hello!"she smiles.

"Tiffany this is my God Mother Alecia. Alecia this is my girlfriend Tiffany."Mikkel says.

I was stuck in awe at this beautiful woman before me. Then I realized something.

"Oh my god I'm meeting your parents. Hello!"I say, offering her my hand.

"Hi baby! Come on in this kitchen you look hungry."she says.

"Ma she's not hung-"I cut Mikkel off instantly.

"Oh I'm famished!"I say, following her lead into the kitchen.

I could hear Mikkel regretting his decision.

We walk into the kitchen and the sweet smell of pot roast hits me like a loving truck.

"Oh my goodness that smells so good."I say as she settles me at the table and places a glass on the table for me.

Mikkel come in to the kitchen and Alecia smiles at him.

"Do you want some lemonade baby?"she asks, getting a glass pitcher out of the fridge.

"Ma."Mikkel says annoyed.

"Oh right, Mikkel."she chuckles, looking at me.

"He doesn't let me call him baby in mixed company, you see."she says, filling my glass with lemonade and making me chuckle.

"Let me fix you a plate baby, sit down."she demands.

Mikkel rolls his eyes and huffs as he sits down.

"How come this is the first I'm hearing about you, Alecia?"I ask, looking at Mikkel.

"Oh well, you know Mik, he's not one to talk about himself. But he talks about you all the time."she teases, looking at Mikkel.

"Ma!"he says.

"Don't Ma me, don't think just cause you can't die, doesn't mean I won't kill you."she says, making me laugh and instantly cover my mouth.

"Alright, where is Tony."he huffs, standing up.

"He is upstairs, but you're gonna eat first."she says, pushing him back down into the chair.

I chuckle as he folds his arms.

"I see, she's the only woman you're afraid of."I say.

"Shut up."he says and I chuckle.

Alecia sits two beautiful plates of pot roast and vegetables in front of us, and I gawk at the giant servings she had given us.

"That's a lot of meat."I say quietly.

"Dig in babies. I'll go get Tony from upstairs."she says as she walks away.

Mikkel begins to eat, as if this serving size was normal to him.

"Does she always feed you like this?"I ask as he picks up the pitcher of lemonade.

"Yeah. Sometimes without my permission."he says, pouring himself a glass of lemonade.

I chuckle as I pick up my fork. The meat simply fell apart as I touched it, no knife needed, and I was very impressed.

"I see where you get your cooking skills from."I smile, taking a bite of the roast.

"Mikkel Mikkel!"I hear a male voice say as I look up.

I see Alecia and another man walking hand in hand.

"Tiffany this is my husband Tony."she says as he pats Mikkel on the shoulder.

"she says as he pats Mikkel on the shoulder

"Nice to meet you."I say.

"The pleasure is all mine babydoll."

Hearing the word doll makes me instantly think of being trapped with the Don.

"Don't call her doll."Mikkel says.

"My apologies. Are we gonna eat? Come on I'm ready to get fattened up and then rolled to bed."Tony says as he takes a seat next to Alecia.

I chuckle as we begin eating again.

....

The dinner was incredible.eeting Mikkel's family makes me wonder how he turned out the way he did. Then again they are his god parents so, they couldn't have actually raised him.

"Alright, I'm full to bursting."Tony says, sitting back.

"Got room for beer?"Mikkel asks, making Tony slowly look at him. 

"There is always room for beer. C'mon."both the men get up, headed for the garage.

Then Mikkel looks back at me.

"Wanna come with?"he asks.

"No, it's fine."I smile.

He then looks at Alecia.

"Don't go embarrassing me ya hear?"he demands.

"Oh, I hear."she says.

Then he leaves the room. She smiles and looks at me.

"Wanna see some baby pictures?"she asks.

"Obviously I wanna see some baby pictures."