Epi-chapter: Mikkel Vs Stephen

Mikkel rolls his eyes the driver opens the car door. He steps out, seeing Stephen's house.

He walks up the steps to the door as he fastens the button on his jacket.

"Mikkel."Donnie says, opening the door.

"Donnie. What's all this about?"Mikkel asks.

"Stephen just wants to talk to you, you know. Um, I'm gonna need all your weapons kid."he says, making Mikkel scoff.

"I'm not a fuckin kid anymore, your not taking my guns."Mikkel says, making Donnie roll his eyes.

"Hand'm over or I'll tell Tiffany about that time you got punched so hard in the gym that you pissed yourself."Donnie demands.

Mikkel immediately hisses.

"I thought we were friends."he says, offended as he pulls his gun from the holster under his arm and places it in Donnie's hand.

"The blades too."he says.

Mikkel presses his lips together, pulling knives from his pockets, placing them in Donnie's hand and then attempting to walk past.

"The little one too."

Mikkel huffs, his tongue moving around his cheek before he leans down, dropping a razor blade into Donnie's palm from his teeth and then standing straight.

"Go enjoy your dinner kid."

...

"Well if it isn't my son in law."Stephen says, standing as Mikkel enters the room.

"What's the occasion?"Mikkel says, cutting to the point.

"Have a seat. "

Mikkel walks over, taking a seat on the opposite side of Stephen as he sits as well.

"Mikkel. I can't help but feel you have some aggression towards me."Stephen says, putting his napkin on his lap.

"What makes you say that, Stephen?"Mikkel asks the server brings out two covered platters.

"You fuckin kiddin me?"Stephen asks, making Mikkel smirk a bit.

"Yeah. I figured you'd catch that."Mikkel says, sitting up and putting his napkin down on his lap as the server uncovers the food.

"So explain yourself."

Mikkel chuckles.

"Stephen, I'm doing you a favor by being here. So, what you're not gonna do is sit there and act like I owe you an explanation. But out of the goodness of my heart I'm going to give you one."Mikkel calmly explains as he cuts into his steak.

Stephen chuckles a bit.

"Now, I don't know if you know about the rule of thumb, but it goes like this. You fuck me, I fuck you."

"I know that rule of thumb. I'm sure you haven't been fucked."Stephen says.

Mikkel holds up 4 fingered hand.

"You fucked me once, cut off my finger. The second time, you tried to bribe me with a job to get me to leave Tiffany. And you had my brother shot in the face."

"The brother who imprisoned you in a basement."Stephen says.

"The brother who's mind was broken from years of loneliness and abuse. Luca wasn't evil he was just sick. He even apologized and you-"Mikkel cuts himself off, noticing he was now holding the steak knife as a weapon.

He huffs and then drops the knife.

"Well I'm not gonna blame you for that one, Stevie. Let's just get to this."he chuckles, sitting up and clearing his throat.

"Any other guy would be fuckin dead. But I can't kill you, my Tiffany would never forgive me for that. So instead of killing you I decided to ruin you."

"Your daughter, hates you. Your men, have no respect for you. You're not even a blip on the history line of the Mafia Stephen by next month no one in my city will have heard of Stephen James, know why? Because I ruined you."

Stephen takes a deep breath as if he were containing his anger.

Then he bangs his fist on the table and all guns in the room aim towards Mikkel as he eat.

He chuckles with his mouth closed, cutting his steak.

"You think they don't respect me?"Stephen asks angrily.

Mikkel glances up, sitting his silverware down and then picking up his napkin, wiping his mouth as he finishes chewing.

He sets his napkin down and exhales before speaking.

"Yes."

Then all guns instantly point to Stephen and he gasps in shock.

"You really threatened me. You're alive because I permit you to be, and you threatened me."Mikkel sighs, shaking his head.

"What the fuck is going on here."Stephen says.

"I'm not sure you understand what Don of the Mafia means. It ain't you that's filling their paychecks at the end of the day."Mikkel says, waving his hand.

The men drop their guns and return to where they were, leaving Stephen still in shock as Mikkel begins eating again.

"Relax Stevie, loosen your shoulder, they still work for you. They just work for me more. Anywho, this steak is perfectly cooked, get me the number to your chef."Mikkel says.

"Mikkel, I didn't mean to be aggressive. I just..wasn't expecting that."Stephen says.

"I don't want us to be bitter Mik, you're marrying my baby girl."he says.

Mikkel looks up, nodding a bit.

"What are you proposing?"he asks with a small smile.

"Lets wipe the slate clean. Right here."Stephen says, offering Mikkel a handshake.

Mikkel smiles.

"Fine."

He shakes Stephen's hand and then sits back, eating.

....