Thirty One

"Come stai, Stefano?"

Stephen stands before 3 men, sitting in chairs. The leader, The Don, sitting in the middle.

"I'm doing fine sir."Stephen says.

"Perché mio figlio mi ha chiamato per te?"The Don asks, picking at his fingernails.

"Im sure it's all just a big misunderstanding sir."

The Don was young. Much younger than Stephen. He had been placed in the don position after murdering his own father.

A cruel boy with deadly tendencies

"I always liked you, Stephen."he says.

"I appreciate that, sir."Stephen says as the don picks up Mikkel's file.

"Who is this Mikkel kid? Why am I just now finding out about him?"

"He's a job guy. Not in the game. I-i hired him to protect my daughter."Stephen says.

"He's got one hell of a record. This guy's insane. And you let him watch your daughter?"The Don smiles.

"I wasn't expecting any of this to happen. Tiffany is a good girl."Stephen says.

"Psh, not from what Jordy is telling me. How is your daughter, Stephen? She's turning 19 this year ain't she?"The don smiles at Stephen.

"Ye-..yeah, she is."Stephen says.

"Don't worry Stephen I'm not going to hurt your daughter."The Don says.

"She is very pretty though. So.."

"So, is it your daughter that's making you stress? It's affecting your work too I can see it here."The don says

"And if it is her that's bothering you than I can take her off your hands."

"That won't be necessary. It's not Tiffany it's Mikkel."Stephen says.

"But you wouldn't be having this issue with Mikkel if he wasn't fuckin your daughter, Steve. So it's Tiffany that's causing the issue."The Don says.

"..sir my daughter is all I have outside of my job, which I love."Stephen says.

"Well, you know the expression, if you love something, let it go right?"The Don asks.

"Yes sir I'm familiar."Stephen says.

The Don holds up both his hands.

"You have your daughter, and you have your job. Now, you can bring your daughter to me, and let her go. Or, you can lose your job, and you'll be let go."After he finishes his sentence, all guns in the room point to Stephen and he gasps.

He looks at The Don's serious expression, still holding his hands up for comparison.

"So what'll it be, Stephen?"

Stephen trembles and then huffs.

...

Tiffany huffs as she quickly packs her things into a duffle bag, whilst Mikkel packed his things as well.

"Are you sure you're alright?"Tiffany asks.

"I'm fine. Let's just hurry this up."Mikkel says.

Suddenly there's a loud thud from downstairs and Mikkel instantly sits up.

"What was that?"Tiffany asks quietly.

"Shh."Mikkel says, grabbing his gun and motioning her to move back.

There was a rumbling sound and Mikkel gasps, looking at Tiffany.

He quickly grabs her, rushing her toward the closet.

"You stay here and you don't make a fuckin sound you hear me. You make a fuckin noise I'll kill you I swear."he says, shoving her into the closet and closing the door.

Tiffany covers her mouth in fear as she backs away towards the back of her closer.

Mikkel stands straight as 4 men burst into the room.

"Who the fuck are-"Mikkel was cut off by being struck in the face.

He groans and falls to the ground.

"Where is she?" The man asks.

"Fuck if I fuckin know, jeez."Mikkel says, pinching his bleeding nose.

Mikkel was struck again, this time kicked in the stomach. Usually Mikkel would fight back, but in his current condition he was unable to.

"Where the fuck is she. I know you know."the man says over Mikkel's groaning.

"Sh-shes with her mother."Mikkel chokes out.

The man kicks him in the stomach again and Mikkel grunts, curling into a ball.

"Fuckin bitch. You're lucky we ain't after you, let's go."the leader signals all the men to leave as Mikkel lays in the floor.

He releases a shakey breath as he hears them leave.

He hisses as he sits up, sitting against the bed and catching his breath. After a few moments of rest he pulls himself to his feet.

He then limps over to the closet door and opens it.

On the floor of the closet he saw Tiffany, sobbing quietly into her hands. She looks up at Mikkel and lets out a soft whimper.

He drops down, kissing her cheeks to comfort her.

"It's alright. I'm okay, I didn't mean to scare you I'm sorry."he says, hugging her as she sobs.

"We gotta go now, come on Tiff."he says.