Fifty Six

I knock on the door and then wait quietly.

After a few seconds, the door opens and Miriam pokes her head out of her room.

"Tiffany! What a surprise! Do you need something cooked?"she asks with a smile.

"No, I was actually wondering if we could talk.."I say, nervous.

"Of course! Come on in Mija."she chuckles, stepping aside.

Her room was nice, big. Comfortable.

"What seems to be the problem?"she asks, offering me one of the chairs by the window as she sits down.

"Well.."I say, taking a seat.

"It's Mikkel. I think he's changed a little too much. It's like the man I fell in love with isn't even there anymore."I say softly.

"Well yes he has been acting s bit different. He was just the same old no dancing tightly wound boy he always was. He told me he was going out one night and the next day he came back with dark hair."She chuckles.

"Said he was trying a new look. I thought he looked a little silly with black hair but I got used to it."she says.

"Hm."I say, looking out the window.

"My suggestion, is to find out why he changed. If he changed himself for you, he should tell you."She says.

I nod.

"Love is so fragile, bebita. And I've seen the love you and Mikkel have, that's not fragile love, that's love that can take a few punches, you know what I mean?"she says, making me chuckle.

"Thank you Miriam, you always know what to say.

"Anytime baby! Come on, let's go make some cookies, that cheered you up when you were a girl."she says, standing.

I chuckle, standing as well.

....

"Yes, I know papa."Luca says into the phone as he walks into the hotel elevator.

He presses the 3rd floor button and waits as the doors close.

"There's no way for him to escape, he'll be ready for you when you come....yes papa, he's in a weakened state, he only gets a meal a day."Luca rolls his eyes as the elevator doors open.

"I can't feed him more Papa, if he has energy he has motive to escape and if he does I can't just find him again. He was difficult enough to find the first time."he says, walking down the hall and to the room at the very end of the hall.

"Okay, fine. Fine! I'll feed him more. I have to go now."Luca hangs up the phone and huffs before walking into the hotel room.

"Well well, look who we have here."

The room was filled with armed men, all standing around a man that was bound to a chair and hooded.

Luca walks over, softly lifting the hood off of the man's head.

"Mr. Hacker! I've been looking for you!"

After Alecia, Mikkel used his Don of the Mafia powers to do some pretty horrible things to Vinnie, his friends, and his family.

Vincent got the worst of it.

Mikkel had him sold into dog fighting.

Vincent was terrified of Mikkel.

"I have something very special planned for you! I know, sitting around in dog cages and fighting for your life every day probably wasn't the best start to your mafia career, hm."Luca says.

"Y-you have a Russian accent now?"Vinnie asks, making Luca chuckle.

"Things have changed, Vinnie."

....

"Hey Mir, whats in there?"I question, looking to the padlocked basement door.

"Oh..I've no idea, I thought it was a wine cellar."she says.

"Hm. That's strange, Mikkel never mentioned he liked wine."I chuckle, walking over to the door.

I tug on the padlock and then try to open the door a bit.

"Well, now I'm curious."I say.

"Come away from there mi vida, come help me with these."she says, signaling to the chocolate chip cookies she had been scooping onto the pan.

"Coming."I huff, walking away from the door.