Sixteen

Tiffany

I watch as Mikkel cooks. It was fascinating to me. Watching his back muscles flex as he mixes the food.

I admire the tattoos on his shoulders. There were also a number of strange scars. Makes me think of what he must've been through. Why he's like this.

Fearless.

"Mikkel?"I question.

"Hm."he says.

"Why aren't you scared of my daddy?"I ask.

"Is your daddy supposed to be scary, tiff?"he asks, walking over to the sink.

"Well, everyone else is scared of him. I know men of power who cower at his feet. "I say.

"Men of power are still men, Tiffany."he says.

"What's that mean?"I ask.

"It means that your daddy may be powerful, but he's still a man. Men don't scare me."he says.

"Do women scare you?"I ask with a smile.

"Nothing scares me."he says, washing his hands.

"Why?"I ask.

He huffs as he dries his hand, throwing the towel over his shoulder as he turns around.

"Do you know what your dad does, Tiffany?"he asks.

I shrug.

"Kind of."

"Your dad runs an intricate criminal syndicate. Drugs. Guns. Money. Flesh. Anything you can profit from. That's how the Mafia works, tiff. I'm from Russia, Tiffany, do you know what the Mafia is like in Russia?"he asks.

I shake my head.

"They don't care about profit. They care about fear. Your dad is soft compared to what I grew up with. They butcher men women and children like cows. For sport."Mikkel says, dicing onions.

"And you grew up in that?"I ask.

"My dad was in. Would take me on business trips with him all the time. Business trips, meaning going to watch him and a few others do unspeakable things. But that's not important."he says before sliding the onions off the cutting board into the pan.

"What I'm trying to say, is that a man, even a powerful one, is still a man. When a rival gang members had me and my sister on our knees with sawed off shotguns at the back of our heads, I watched my father, who I thought was the toughest, scariest, most remorseless person I had ever known, crumble like a piece of paper."he says, looking into my eyes.

I sit up, more curious than ever.

"I watched him kneel, and beg, and grovel on the ground, crying and begging them not to kill us, but to take him instead because that's what they really wanted. And I was disgusted at what I saw."

"He was teaching me my entire like to have no fear and no mercy and to be a terrible person and I realized it was all just a facade to make him seem scary. That's why your daddy doesn't scare me. Because at some point, Stephen James, leader of the Italian Mafia, drug lord, murder, he'll crumble too."

He has a point.

"Wow."I say quietly.

"Tragic, right?"he asks, going back towards the pan.

"Just makes you more hot."I say, making him snicker.

"What that I'm fucking the daughter of a Mafia don and I'm not afraid of him?"he asks.

"Mhm."I smile.

"You have terrible taste in men then."he says.

I smile as I look down at my phone.

"My mom suddenly has my phone number."I say.

"I don't trust that broad."he say.

"It's just my mom, she's harmless."I shrug.

"I don't think so. I still don't trust her."he says.

I think quick and try to change the subject.

"That smells so good."I say.

"I bet."he says.

...

After eating, Mikkel and I lay on the couch and watch TV. I had my head on his chest as we do.

"Charlotte Crelburn died of an asthma attack."I say, scrolling on my phone.

"Tragic."Mikkel says nonchalantly.

I look up at him as he watches the TV, his eyes focused on the screen.

"Your lips are so beautiful."I say softly.

"Hm."he says, looking down.

"Your lips are so beautiful."I repeat.

"That's gay."he says, looking back up at the TV.

I chuckle.

It's silent for a moment, then I notice in my peripheral that he was smirking.

He then grips my face, pulling me up to look at him. He then presses his lips against mine.

I smile as we kiss passionately. His hand caresses my face and his tongue slips gently in and out of my mouth.

He was an expert at kissing if anything else.

I release soft moans as he kisses me. His kisses always make me want more.

I run my fingers through his hair and pull him closer. He adjusts himself to where he was on top of me, deepening the kiss.

I run my hands up and down his muscular back, wrapping my legs around his waist as we kiss passionately.

Suddenly, there was a booming at the door, which causes him to yank his lips away from me.

That made me upset, because I was now even more eager for his lips.

"For fuck sake."he says as he slowly gets up.

I notice his erection restricted by his jeans as he stands and I smirk as I sit up a bit.

He picks his gun up off the couch and loads it at he walks to the door.

He opens the door and huffs.

"Why are you still here."he asks.

"Please, please just let me talk to Tiffany."my mother says.

"She don't want to talk to you."Mikkel says.

"Please!"she begs again.

"Don't make me fuckin shoot you."he says, pointing the gun at her.

"Mikkel, just let her in."I huff.

He huffs as well before stepping aside.

She quickly walks past him and towards me.

"Baby I need you to come stay with me."she says.

"I already told you, I'm staying with daddy."I say.

"You don't understand, the Remettis are after your father, and they'll use you to get to him so I need you to come with me."she says grabbing my hands.

"Let go of me!"I demand, trying to yank my hands from hers.

"Get your fuckin hands off her."Mikkel says, putting his gun to the back of her head.

Quickly, she turns around towards Mikkel, wielding a syringe.

Mikkel instantly shoots her through the arm and she cries out.

I jump at the loud sound and then cover my mouth as my mother falls to her knees, crying.

"You just shot my mother."I say quietly.

"And I'm about to do it again."he says, pointing the gun at her head.

Tbc

....