Chapter 12

Bella's POV

"So, do you love him?" Liz asked.

"I do but I don't know how to say it to him. Like I want to say it but I physically can't even though I want to." I sighed. "I really do love him but the last time I said those three words,  I got hurt many times. I've lost so many people that I loved saying those three words. I'm still getting used to the healthiness that Andrew is giving me in our relationship."

"Look, just tell him you feel the same way but can't say those words. He'll understand." Liz placed her hand on top of mine.

"Will he?" I questioned.

"Yeah, he's an understanding person. He clearly cares about you and you deserve that." She smiled. "Anyways, meeting the parents tonight, ready for that?"

"Oh, I'm so nervous." I admitted. "I thought I would be fine but I'm not. I'm worried about what they think about me. I'm a single mother who's dating their son. You know how some parents feel about that."

"I have a feeling they're going to like you. Parents like you." She reassured me.

"Um, what about the last guy I dated?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Okay fuck them and fuck him." She responded.

I lightly chuckled and we ate our lunch before we had to leave for our jobs.

*A Few Hours Later*

When the show was over and everything was taken off of me, I went to go put my outfit back on. I slipped on a white dress with short sleeves and put on a light denim jacket over it. I cuffed up the sleeves, slipped on my converse, and headed out of the theater. I quickly signed playbills and took pictures with fans before heading into the car.

"Hey, I'm on my way. I'll be there in ten, fifteen minutes?" I gave Andrew a rough estimate. "Hope I'm not late."

"Don't worry, you're not. We just left the theater. We'll probably be there at the same time as you." He chuckled.

"Okay, I'll see you there." I told him before hanging up.

My knee bounced up and down with anxiety. I'm just praying this dinner goes well. I really hope they like me. As I pulled up to the restaurant, I saw Andrew and his parents walking down the sidewalk. I thanked my driver and got out of the car.

"And there she is." I heard Andrew say as he saw me. "Hi darling."

"Hi." I gave him a peck on the lips. "Mr. and Mrs. Garfield, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Andrew, those pictures don't do her justice. She's so beautiful." Andrew's mother pulled me into a hug. "Also, please call me Lynn."

"Again, it's a pleasure to meet you. Also those pictures that Andrew showed me of the two of you don't do justice. You're more beautiful and handsome in person." I told them.

"Nice meeting you Bella, you can call me Richard." Andrew's father and I shook hands.

"Well, this is starting off good. Shall we head in?" Andrew asked us.

All of us nodded our heads and we headed into the restaurant. We sat down in a semi-private corner and all of us ordered drinks. I got to know them better after we ordered food. They are such wonderful parents and raised two amazing sons. I haven't met Ben yet but I know he's amazing like his younger brother. I laughed at the stories that they told me about Andrew while Andrew tried to hide from embarrassment.

I've also noticed the looks of love Lynn and Richard have been giving each other. They have such admiration for each other. They look at each other attentively as one of them talks in the conversation. Honestly, they remind me of my parents. So in love still after being married for many years. I could tell they went through so much shit but managed to get through it together. The way Richard looks at Lynn reminds me of the way Andrew looks at me everyday. No matter if we see each other or face timing each other.