Chapter 25

TW: Mention of abortion

A/N- By the way, I wrote this chapter way  before the over turning of Roe V. Wade.

Bella's POV

After that relaxing day, it soon became chaotic because of everything that happened the previous day. Constantly talking to lawyers and fighting with Angie for not showing this in the documentary. I didn't want to show Kara more than I wanted to. I didn't want this legal fight to be documented. Yes, I agreed on letting this documentary happen but I also said that I didn't want to expose more of my private life. My career life and personal/private life are two different versions of me that sometimes intertwine with each other and I understand that. I just want to have a part of my private life to myself. That's all I could ever ask for.

"Aren't you getting cold?" I looked over my shoulder to see Leighton walking up to me as I stood on the roof of our rehearsal space.

"Nope." I pulled on my jacket more as the chill October weather hit my skin.

"How are you doing? It looks like something's on your mind when we were rehearsing." She questioned.

"I'm fine, it's just all of the things that are happening right now." I gave her a slight smile. "This whole month has been crazy, from the EMAs, to the European leg, and the O2 show. Nonno is about to start his treatment soon. Now Adam wants custody of Kara even though he waived his parental rights. Is the universe out to get me?"

"I don't think so." The red haired woman wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"I just wish I was back in Italy with Andrew. I actually had a relaxing time during that trip." We started to head back since we're about to start rehearsal again.

"How do you feel if we just rent out a private island for a week?" I chuckled at her suggestion as we walked down the stairs.

"No matter how much money we make, I think there's no chance of us being able to afford it." We both let out a laugh.

As we walked back into the space, I put on my in-ears and sat down in front of the piano. Rehearsal went well. Throughout rehearsal my thoughts disappeared after talking to Leighton and I just felt like myself. When rehearsal was over, everyone headed home to catch up on some sleep. We have the next two days off since we woke up really early for rehearsal. We try to do a full show rehearsal, meaning we play the whole set list with breaks indicating to me that I need to change into my next outfit.

"Hey Bella, I need to talk to you." Lex, my lawyer for both cases against Adam, walked up to me as I walked into the lobby.

"Lex hey, what do you need?" I asked.

"I just found out the court date for Kara's custody hearing." He answered.

"Okay, when is it?" I pulled out my calendar.

"October 29th." He replied.

"That's two weeks from now. We have enough time for statements right?" I jotted it down.

"Yeah, I'll text you about it. Have a good night." He told me.

"You too Lex." We headed our separate ways.

My face was soon met with the chilly October weather and I made my drive home. Pulling my car up in the spot near my spot, I turned the ignition off, and quickly hurried to my house since it's night and it's cold. Unlocking my front door and closing it immediately as I walked into the house. I started to warm up as I helt the heat coming out of the heaters and the smell of apple cinnamon and brown sugar filled my nostrils. Slipping off my shoes, I walked into the kitchen to see a wrapped up plate waiting for me to be consumed. Popping my head into the living room, I didn't see Andrew relaxing on the couch. Looking at the clock, I saw that it's almost Kara's birthday.