Chapter 26

Andrew's POV

Letting out a yawn as I tied my tie in front of my bathroom mirror, I looked out of my bathroom mirror to see the sky gray and gloomy. Turning off my light and walking out of my bathroom, I made my way to my room to finish getting ready. Slipping on the pair of brown oxford shoes Mum gave me a Christmas ago and my gray blazer over my dress shirt, I got the notification that my car was here. Grabbing everything that I needed, I made my way down.

"Where to sir?" Lyndon, my driver, asked.

"Can you take me to the nearest bodega and then Bella's house?" I answered and he nodded his head.

The car moved and my knee started to bounce up and down rapidly. I'm just worried about what's going to happen today. I hope this is a one time thing and we don't have to face Adam anymore.

Lyndon parked nearby a bodega and I got out of the car. Walking into the bodega, I petted the owner on the head and ordered two bacon, egg, and cheese over the counter. While that was being made, I made three cups for Bella, Lyndon, and I. I paid for all six items and carried them to the car. I handed Lyndon a sandwich and coffee before we headed to Bella's house.

"Morning." I greeted her with a smile as she opened the door.

I saw that she was wearing a navy blue dress that fell below her knees and there were still hair rollers still in her hair.

"I bought you two of your favorite food items." I held up the bag of breakfast sandwiches and the tray of coffees.

"Thank you." She said after I walked into the house and she closed the door.

"How are you feeling?" I questioned as I placed the food and drinks on the dining table.

"I don't know, how am I supposed to feel?" She took a sip of her coffee.

Placing her cup of coffee down, she looked at the time on her phone.

"I need to finish getting ready. I'll be right back." She placed a kiss on my cheek and headed upstairs.

Leaning against the kitchen table, I looked around the empty room. I knew Bella dropped her off at a Waitress co-star's house so they could watch Kara for the day. When I usually come here, it's always lively and bright. Now it's bleak and dreary. There used to be life in this house but now there isn't. I would be on my laptop answering emails while Bella chases Kara around when she takes a break from the studio. Kara's screams of joy would fill the room and that usually happens during this time after we eat breakfast (that's if I stay over for the night).

"Lyndon out waiting for us?" She asked, wearing a black blazer and her hair out of the hair rollers in brushed out curls.

"Yeah." I nodded my head.

"Well, we shouldn't keep him waiting." Bella grabbed her bag and we left the house.

Bella's POV

Letting out a groan, I shut my phone alarm off and looked up at the ceiling.

Can I just lay here? If I don't get out of bed that means the court hearing won't be happening. Right? That's how it works right?

"I wish." I whispered under my breath.

Looking through the curtains, I could already tell it was dark and gloomy outside. The door of my bedroom cracked open and the light in my room soon brightened up when Kara jumped on my bed to give me a hug.

"Morning Mommy." She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning hun." I smiled and pulled her in for a cuddle.