Chapter 18

Bella's POV

"So, what's going on? Why do you want us here?" Lisa asked as we got together in the living room before the barbeque started.

"Well, your mother and I have some news." Dad told us.

"What, you and mom are going to have another kid?" Michael joked which caused Lisa and I to laugh.

"No, besides it's too late for that. There's a thing called menopause." Mom joked back, which caused us siblings to choke on air. "Hey, you two will go through it as you get older."

"We know. Thanks." I looked at Andrew who rubbed my back. "I just turned thirty, I don't want to think about that."

"Well just reminding you." She chuckled. "Anyways, your father and I are retiring at the end of the year."

"Wait, why?" I questioned.

"We'll tell you after the party and when the guests leave." Dad told us.

"Okay but who's taking over the firm?" Lisa asked.

"Well your brother of course and Liz." Nonno answered.

"Does Liz know?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes." Dad answered. "Anyways, let's get this barbeque started."

All of us grabbed the ingredients out and headed to the backyard. I headed up to the office to start playing music over the speaker of our house. Andrew and everyone else was out in the backyard while I was over in the kitchen making the drinks. They trusted me making them because of my bartending history. They were fine with me being a bartender but they were lowkey shocked it was at a high end strip club.

I decided to make some summery drinks to fit the season and I made gallons of those. The amount of people who come to our barbeques and drink is indescribable. Seeing rich people being drunk out of their minds is really entertaining. Also the amount of blackmail my teenage self has kept over the years is pretty huge. Not going to use it though because they either had their career ruined because of that or it's not worth it.

"Hey, need any help?" Andrew asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Well, try this." I poured him the drink I made.

"Oh, this is good. I usually don't like cocktails." He gave me his review.

"Well, the drink is ready now." I smiled. "Take this out to the table? Can you handle that?"

"Yep." He got the drink fountain and carefully carried it to the backyard.

I looked in the fridge and looked at the containers filled with alcohol drinks. I counted them to make sure we had more than enough and grabbed the other bottle of alcohol to place outside in ice. You know, just in case people don't want the drinks I made.

Soon, people started coming to the house. There were some new neighbors I haven't met yet and some old family friends. Liz's parents were also there and I introduced them to Andrew. He got the seal of approval from them since I consider them another set of parents.

"Joseph, Kathie, it's good to see you two." I hugged them as they showed up.

"We wouldn't miss it." They both smiled.

"Oh Kathie, Joseph, meet my boyfriend Andrew." I introduced Andrew as he showed up. "Andrew, please meet Kathie and Joseph Lindeman. They're Morgan's parents."

"Mr. and Mrs. Lindeman, it's nice to meet you. I'm sorry for your loss." Andrew shook their hands.

"It's nice to meet you too Andrew." Kathie smiled.