Chapter 31

Bella's POV

After spending the twenty-seventh of December with Andrew's family, we spent the next three days touring London. Andrew showed us some of the typical tourist spots while mostly showing us the places that he loves to visit. We've also met some of his friends who were really nice and it was nice getting to know them. Some of them have known Andrew for a long time and they started to tell me embarrassing stories about Andrew. They also told the infamous Dora story and yes they all whispered Dora's name before telling the story. Now Andrew and I are getting ready for a New Year's Eve party that one of his friends is throwing while Andrew's brother and sister-in-law watches Kara.

All of us are just going to eat some take out while drinking while doing some festivities. Festivities such as watching the New Year's Eve broadcast of parties that are happening here, playing games, and talking/chilling out. I've always preferred these types of parties where we just chill and drink. Going to over the top New Year's Eve parties aren't my thing. I've been to a few of them after performing on the Dick Clark stage and they overwhelm me. Going to a chill party/get together is my cup of tea.

"Bee, are you ready to go?" Andrew asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I adjusted my sweater and grabbed my coat.

"You look nice." Andrew kissed me before I slipped on my shoes.

"Thanks, you do too." I complimented him back.

We slipped on our coats and headed down to the taxi that was waiting for us. Sliding into the back of the taxi, Andrew told the driver the address to his friend's apartment and the driver started driving us there. Throughout the ride Diane, Andrew's sister-in-law and Ben's wife, sent me pictures of Kara playing with Andrew's nephews. I smiled and quickly texted her a thanks before shutting off my phone. I was happy that Kara was in safe hands and having fun but at the same time I felt a little bit guilty.

"Are you okay?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah, I'm a good mom right?" I looked at him.

"You're an amazing mom. What's going on?" He gave me a concerned look.

"I just," I paused for a little bit thinking how I was going to phrase what I was going to say next. "Sometimes I feel guilty living my life outside of being a mom. I feel bad for having fun without Kara. I mean I'm already leaving her for tour."

"Well, you're going on tour for work and providing for Kara. You're going to see her while on tour." Andrew squeezed my hand. "Also, you deserve a life outside of being a mom. You deserve to have fun while Kara is in good hands. Now, we are going to have fun tonight."

Andrew gave me a quick kiss before paying the driver. We got out of the taxi and headed up to his friend's apartment. The door opened as we rang the bell and we hugged his friend and gave him the bottle of wine we brought. Slipping off our coats and shoes as we entered the apartment, we greeted some of the friends that I've already met and were introduced to some new faces.

While Andrew was in the kitchen getting me a drink, I sat on the couch while talking to his friends. Laughs, chatters, and music played throughout the apartment. I felt the couch dip and felt Andrew's arm wrap around my shoulders while he held my drink in front of me. Giving him a kiss after taking it from him, I leaned into him while we chatted with his friends. Pizza and Chinese takeout soon came and everyone started to dig in.

Things started to get serious when Monopoly was brought out. Andrew joined the game but I stayed out of it because of the competitiveness. I've played the board game before but the energy and passion everyone puts in this game is concerning. The band and I played this game a few days on tour while in the greenroom waiting for the concert to start. Not going to lie, it made for some great stage banter. We had to stop playing it for a while since we got in some slightly heated debates/small arguments on stage. Dylan was happy that we got ourselves trending on Twitter but she had to tell us to stop for that reason and people have started talking about that we're sponsored by Hasbro. We weren't but it would've been nice if we were. Imagine if we had our own game/board game or if we went on Family Game Night. Just imagine the amount of publicity we would've got if that happened. Probably not a lot but there still would've been press.

"I've never seen you so passionate about a board game before." I chuckled when the game ended.

"I mean I need to win as much money as possible to become rich." He replied.

"Ah capitalism at its finest." I chuckled again before taking a bite of my eggroll.

"So, any resolutions for the new year?" He questioned.

"You know the usual survive the new year and live life." I replied.

"Hey, you guys wanna head to the hill now?" Tony, one of Andrew's friends, asked.

Andrew looked at me and shrugged my shoulders.

"Sure." Andrew answered for the both of us.

We got off the couch and headed to the doorway. I slipped on my shoes and Andrew helped me put my coat on. Everyone who was in the apartment walked out of the building and was met with the chilled winter air while some snow was falling down. Since the park where the hill was wasn't that far from the apartment, all of us walked there while snow peacefully fell on us and onto the ground. While on our walk the street was somewhat crowded with people celebrating the coming of the New Year. Drunken cheers and people stumbled over their feet while holding onto their friends so they don't fall face flat onto the ground. Some of us were almost like that but I think Andrew and I are the most sober ones. We did have a few drinks but we weren't completely drunk.

"All right," Tony passed out a half sheet of paper and a pen to everyone. "Take a few minutes and write anything negative that happened to you this past year."

Placing the piece of paper on the back of my phone and opening the pen, I started making bullet points. Everyone concentrated on what they wanted to write but I already knew what I wanted to write. Capping the pen, everyone finished writing and Tony took the paper from us. Taking a lighter out of his coat pocket, he ignited the flame and lit up one of the corners. All of us watched the small stack of papers turned from the pure white color they were to an ash gray to black. Dropping the stack onto the snow as the flame closely reached his fingers, the flame was extinguished while the smoke released the negative energy that was on the notes.

"Hey, follow me." Andrew whispered in my ear which brought warmth and held my hand.

We walked down the hill and he led me to a terrace that has a similar look to the Bethesda Terrace back in New York. We weren't far from the group, we could see their tiny bodies from where we stood.

Andrew pulled out his phone and saw that he opened Spotify. He clicked on one of the playlists that we've created, it's a middle of the night slow dancing playlist, and This Magic Moment by The Drifters started playing throughout his phone speakers. Shoving his phone into his coat pocket, he wrapped one of his arms around my waist and held one of my hands. I wrapped my arm around his neck while placing my head on his chest. We swayed to the music enjoying the moment we were having. Looking up at me while he looked down at me, we shared a kiss before continuing to dance. We soon heard everyone shouting the countdown from thirty.

"Happy New Year!" The group shouted.

Andrew and I shared a passionate kiss which lasted for a few minutes.

"Happy New Year." Andrew told me.

"Happy New Year to you also." I smiled at him. "I think they're wondering where we are now. Come on."

We walked away from the terrace and made our way back to the hill. On our way there I saw a snowball quickly hit Andrew in the leg. We both let out a chuckle and let go of our hands. Andrew kneeled down and compacted snow into a ball with his hands before throwing it at the group. I did the same thing but threw it at Andrew. Looking at me with another snowball in my hand, I started to run away from him and everyone joined the snowball fight.

"Andrew!" I squealed when we both stumbled on the snow, laying flat on our backs.

"This is a way to start the new year." We bellowed in enjoyment.

I didn't reply in words, just throwing a small snowball at his face.

"Oh it's on!" I quickly got up from the ground and ran from him.

The battle soon continued.