Chapter 24

Bella's POV

"So, you're telling me that you saw him when you and Andrew were in Italy?" Dylan questioned as she sat down across from me.

"Yep." I took in a shaky breath while wrapping my hands around the warm coffee mug.

"How?"

*That Night*

"Hello Bella." I stopped in my tracks as I heard the voice.

I felt the beat of my heart increasing rapidly. I felt my body trembling as the memories of the three years I was with him started to flashback. My lungs felt like something was crushing them while my throat felt like it was in the Sahara Desert.

"What are you doing here?" I got up the courage to face him, I felt Andrew protectively wrap his arm around me.

"I just want to talk to you." He looked at me then Andrew. "I see you have a new boy toy. How much did she pay you? Knowing her, probably a lot of money."

"Hey man, she didn't pay me anything." Andrew defended me. "Can't you see she doesn't want to talk to you."

"Just one question, how's our daughter?" Adam, Kara's father, asked.

"Our daughter?" I looked at him in disbelief. "She's my daughter, not yours. You gave up your parental rights even before she was born. Don't ever come up to me or talk to me ever again."

I turned away from him and started walking back to the hotel. My body was still shaking from seeing him. I just felt myself shrink when we made eye contact. Andrew's arm soon wrapped around my waist as he caught up to me and we made it back to the hotel. As we got to our hotel room, I took off my shoes, dress, and jewelry before heading into the shower. Even though I already took a shower, just being in Adam's presence made me feel disgusted.

"Hey." Andrew wrapped his arms around me as I got into bed after putting on my pajamas. "How are you feeling?"

"I don't know." I replied, barely above a whisper. "I haven't seen him in three years and he comes back to ask how Kara is. He gave his parental rights up before she was born. We have a contract. There are legal documents saying that he's given up his parental rights. Then he just shows up randomly after three, almost four years. I don't understand."

"Me too." Andrew continued to comfort me.

*Present Day*

Despite that event scaring me, worried thoughts came into my head. One of the main thoughts I had was thinking he wants custody of Kara.

What happens if he does want custody? What happens if the judge sides with him despite him giving up his rights? Will he treat Kara the same way he treated me?

My knee bounced rapidly as I tried to listen to what Dylan was saying. I remembered her saying something about lawyers and renewing the restraining order which expired a few months ago. I looked over to the backyard to see Kara just being herself. Being a normal three year old that's playing with her imagination. Andrew was sitting on the steps of the back patio talking on the phone with his team. He's getting some stuff prepared for next year which also reminded me that I needed to get ready for next year also.

I'm set to be on tour again. I'll be performing in arenas across the US from mid-February to mid-April before a two week break. After that two week break, there would be the Asia/Australia leg that would run the first two weeks of May. After that, we're done unless there are some festivals that would like to see us perform and we agree on performing.

Dylan's and I's thoughts were broken when I heard the doorbell ring. I got up from my seat and went to go see who it was. I looked through the peephole to see who it was. It was a person holding an envelope in their hands. I already have a feeling on what it's going to be.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked.

"Are you Bella Romano?" They asked.

"Yes, I'm here." I answered.

"You've been served." They handed me the envelope.

"Thanks." I told them before they walked off.

I closed the front door and leaned my back against it. I pulled the packet out of the envelope to see that Adam was suing me over custody of Kara.

Great.

Just great.

I headed back to the kitchen and placed the packet down in front of Dylan. There was a look of disbelief on her face. I wasn't really surprised that he was doing this.

Let's see, a father who abandons his daughter before she was born decides to come back in her life and mine after almost four years. The most likely reason why he wants to come back into her life is because her mom is dating a wonderful man who treats both of them right.

"He thinks you're an unfit mother." She laughed in disbelief.

"Who's an unfit mother?" Andrew questioned as he walked into the kitchen.

"Adam's suing me to have custody of Kara." I chuckled. "He thinks I'm an unfit mother even though he hasn't been in her life since she was born."

"Well, that's some major bull-" Andrew was about to complete his sentence until Kara got back in the house. "Yes, major bull."

"I have to go now but we'll talk to the lawyers about this also. Love you." Dylan hugged me.

I hugged back and she left the house. Andrew pulled one of the kitchen table chairs closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I laid my head on his shoulder while I let out a exhausted sigh.

Honestly I knew something bad was going to happen. It was time for it to happen since the universe was treating me well these past few months. Starting off my year on Broadway while my third album got released. During that time I met Andrew and started a loving, healthy relationship with him. I felt the universe was treating me too good with these things.

"Why don't we have a chill day? We can go out and to the park to let Kara run some energy off then we can have a movie night or something." Andrew suggested.

"Sounds good." I agreed.

We got away from the kitchen and into the room to change out of our pajamas.

Even though this day started off stressful, it soon became relaxing with Andrew's plan.