Chapter 37

Bella's POV

After that whole thing, all of us headed back to America and either went back to New York or Tennessee. I spent a few days up in Southampton before driving down to Manhattan. While we were in Southampton, I spent some time processing everything since the media has been taking the news by storm. Being at home was a good distraction for me though. I spent time with my siblings and we held a small celebration since Nonno is officially cancer free. It took a while to get rid of the cancer but it ended up fine. We still have to be careful since he just got the diagnosis that he's cancer free but we're fine with that.

Spending a few days there, Kara and I packed our bags and left for LA where we met with a blonde haired Andrew. Not going to lie, I like him with the blonde hair. It looks nice on him. Two days after we arrived in LA, we went to Disneyland with a couple of friends and family to celebrate Kara's fourth birthday. I just can't believe she's a year older. I know I probably said this before but I don't want her to grow up. In fourteen years she'll be off to college and growing up some more.

Now we're still in LA. Andrew and Kara were on the Mainstream set while I was at the CBS studios getting ready for my James Corden interview. I was also trying not to fangirl because Bradley Whitford and Mark Hamill are in the same interview with me. Look, if I do fangirl in front of them, it's reasonable I grew up watching The West Wing and the Star Wars movie. I deserve to break my professionalism and fangirl a little.

Wearing a lavender blouse tucked into a pair of burgundy satin pants while having a pastel pink scarf over my shoulders, I stumbled and knocked off some things as I walked to the door while putting on my heels.

"James, hey!" I panted as I opened the door showing the camera crew and heard Dylan stifle a laugh.

"Bella, are you okay?" James asked.

"Oh yeah." I waved my hand as I leaned against the doorway.

"Are you sure because I heard some crashing?" Jame's voice had a tone of concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I chuckled. "Just these pesky shoes."

"Alright." I saw him shake his head. "Bella Romano everyone!"

The crowd cheered and I waved to the camera before they cut. I closed my door and picked up everything that was knocked off. Dylan and I walked, well Dylan was more like waddling because of her bump, to the backstage area where James was introducing us.

"Now please welcome to the stage Bella Romano." The curtains opened and I walked down the steps.

I greeted some fans and greeted James with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I shook hands with Mark and Bradley before sitting down on the couch.

"So, how are all of you doing?" James asked the three of us.

"Good/Fine/Great." We replied.

"Bella, how are you doing? You know with everything that's going on." James gave my knee a confronting squeeze.

"You know James." I smiled. "I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm still processing it but I'm just glad that I have the people I love in my life helping me."

"What does this mean for you and the band?" James asked.

"Well, even before that happened, we've been meaning to take a break. We've been working our asses off producing and touring." I moved a strand of hair behind my ear. "Before everyone freaks out, we're still gonna make music. If you do want more music, I promise that I'm not getting paid for this, but Jack Ambers and Mark Hopus from Blink-182 released their first EP as Simple Creatures. Go check them out."

After my answer, James continued on interviewing. James talked about Mark visiting Galaxy's Edge at Disney. When we were there for Kara's birthday, we actually got to visit it. The topic was still on Disney but we talked about my time at Disney celebrating Kara's birthday. During the interview I finally came to the realization that Kara's about to start preschool soon. I'm not ready for that. I'm pretty sure every parent isn't ready for their kid's first day of school. Even though it's preschool, I'm still not ready for it. Soon the topic turned to the jobs that we had when we tried to make it into the industry.

"Bella, correct me if I'm wrong but you were a bartender during college right?" James asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, I started in my last year at Columbia and continued when I went to law school at Cornell." I nodded my head in confirmation. "Want me to make a drink for you gentlemen?"

"Are you sure?" Bradley questioned.

"Yeah, I mean it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to make drinks for the Mark Hamill and the Bradley Whitford." I chuckled.

"Alright, after this commercial break Bella Romano is going to make drinks for us. Don't miss out." The audience cheered and clapped.

When the cameras were off, I got my makeup touched up and headed to the bar that was on the stage. I looked at the bar to see what I could make and asked one of the assistants for some things that weren't at the bar. After getting everything I needed, the cameras started filming and James introduced us again.

"So what's on the menu today Bella?" James leaned against the bar.

"I'm going to make two quick and easy summer drinks. First is a basil gimlet." I grabbed the bottle of gin off the shelf. "While you do that, why not ask me some questions? Any of you."

"Bella, is it true that you didn't go to your high school prom?" James started off.

"Correction, I wasn't allowed to go." I muddled the basil leaves. "Got banned because I came out as bisexual. Didn't matter anyways, cops came because people were spiking the drinks and bringing drugs."

"Really?" I nodded my head in confirmation. "What did you do then?"

"Oh, this is going to be embarrassing. I've been trying my best not to fangirl." I started to feel myself blush. "I just stayed in my room and watched The West Wing."

"Not to brag but The West Wing is better than prom." Bradley joked while the audience cheered.

"And you are correct." I poured a splash of club soda into the cups with basil and gin. "Drink up gentlemen."

We all took a sip and it was refreshing. All of us nodded in approval on how good the drink tasted.

"So, you were a West Wing fan?" Mark continued to drink his drink.

"Yep, grew up watching it with my nonno and father." I cut open the pomelo for the next drink.

"Favorite character?" Bradley raised his eyebrow. "You don't have to answer with Josh Lyman by the way."

"I mean I love Josh but I love Donna and CJ more." I squeezed the pomelo for its juice. "Also Ainsley. A crime that she and Sam didn't get together."

"A crime indeed." James and Bradley agreed.

"Lewis Capaldi is performing tonight." James changed the subject. "I heard the two of you hit it off when you two arrived at the studio. Any future collaborations?"

"Honestly, I would love to. I've always loved Lewis' music." I poured lime juice into the mixer.

Finishing up and pouring the drink into cups, we all took a sip and felt refreshed. It's so nice to have these drinks on a nice sunny day like today. We wrapped up the interview and watched Lewis perform. Saying goodbye to James and everyone else, Dylan and I got into the car and drove back to Andrew's apartment to see Andrew and Kara back from their day on set. All of us agreed to order some take out since we're tired from today.

A/N- Happy holidays y'all! Wishing all of y'all for a healthy and happy holiday and new year for all of you!

-Ali x