Chapter 19

Bella's POV

"Ready to go to rehearsal with Mommy?" I asked Kara as I helped her put on her shoes.

"Why are there people filming us?" She whispered under her breath.

"They're making a movie about me and the band. I told you about that, remember?" I explained and she shook her head no. "It's fine. We're all set, let's go."

I got up from the floor and Kara got off of the chair. I grabbed my bag and some equipment and headed to the garage. I placed Kara in her car seat and put away the equipment in the back. The rehearsal studio was out of the city a little bit and it wasn't that far of a drive but traffic on the other hand. I started driving and on my way there, I started to do some vocal warmups while Kara was watching a kids show on her iPad.

"Hello everyone!" I greeted everyone as I showed up to the rehearsal space. "Ready for the first day of rehearsals?"

"We need to look over the set list." Leighton said while stepping off the drum riser.

"Aight, what's wrong with it?" I questioned.

"I know we're playing the full album but what do we play for the encore?" She asked.

"Fans will kill us if we don't play One Last Time." Jack said while sipping on his water.

"We all know that's the final song." I started writing down the set list. "Kiss Me Again can be the first after we play the whole album."

We threw out some ideas until we figured out the set list. We looked over the set list again and we finalized it. We gave it to our team to type it down and print it out while we started warming up. All of us were jamming out, forgetting there was a camera crew there. We were in our own little world, just the five of us. Once the set list was ready, I signaled to Kara to put her headphones on, and we started playing.

I felt so energized while performing. I just missed this. Being on Broadway did energize me but it was a different energization. I get to roam around the stage freely and just perform. There were a couple of breaks in between to get things fixed. Everyone on the team was impressed with us getting things together on the first day. Usually things go slow but this time it didn't. We were ahead of schedule by almost two hours. We're used to this and know how things work so we weren't surprised.

"How ya doing?" Jake asked, showing me on camera, while doing an Instagram live.

"Feeling alive." I gave the peace sign while laying down on the ground. "Made it through half the set list."

"My arms are dead." Leighton said as she laid down next to me.

"Oh god, the back of your neck is so sweaty." I got up from the floor.

"Excuse me, don't you have a child? Aren't you used to this stuff?" Dani questioned.

"Yeah but what Kara does lasted for a little bit." I answered. "I've mastered changing a poopy diaper."

"Alright, let's get this started again." Andi said while putting on her bass.

"Yes please, I have a date with my future wife." Jack agreed while he played around with his guitar a little bit.

"We get it, you're getting married." Leighton, Dani, Andi, and I said at the same time.

All of us soon laughed after that and we started practicing again. By the end of rehearsal, my hands were tired from playing guitar and switching to piano for some songs. I grabbed mine and Kara's bags and said goodbye to the crew before heading home. When we got home, Kara and I started to make dinner together.

"Bella, where are you?" I heard Andrew's voice. "Wait, smelled food."

"Hey, how are you?" I put down the knife and hugged him.

"I'm good." He answered after hugging me and Kara. "How was rehearsal?"

"Good and tiring." I answered. "You know, the usual. How 'bout yours?"

"Busy, went to many meetings and talked to my parents." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"How's your mom?" I looked at him.

"She's good on some days and not on some. Not strange but somewhat usual." He replied.

"Yeah, I understand that. How are you holding up?" I gave him a concerned look.

"I'm just moving by each day with a worried thought." He sighed. "What about you?"

"I'm doing the same as you." I said while taking dinner out of the oven. "This isn't my first rodeo. Now, dinner's ready. Let's go eat."

Andrew nodded his head and he and Kara went to set up the table.

I just couldn't believe that Nonno decided to hide it for a month. I understand that he didn't want us to worry but it's a natural reaction to worry. Everyone just wants to take care of him and he hates that.

"I'm a grown man. I can take care of myself." He would always tell us.

That's usually when he has the cold but this time it's different. He's pushing back the surgery and radiation after the O2 concert. He should be putting his own health first and not me. I don't understand why the doctor agrees on this. When did he even get the symptoms? Was it during my Waitress run? He was taking care of Kara. God knows what happened when he was watching her.

"Darling, the table's set." Andrew interrupted my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah, just thinking about stuff but hey, let's eat." I said while carrying the baked ziti.

Andrew nodded and we started eating dinner. Throughout dinner, Kara was talking about her experience while at rehearsal. She really enjoyed the time she had. The gang taught her how to play their instruments when we took our breaks. All of us had a dance party while we played. I'm pretty sure Dylan took a couple of videos of that dance party. Just waiting for her to send them to us. It was so adorable to see her enjoy rehearsal.

"Okay, she's tucked in bed and peacefully sleeping." I said while collapsing on the couch next to Andrew. "The West Wing time baby!"

"I love it that you get excited watching this." Andrew chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Hey, I love political dramas and Bradley Whitford." I chuckled while clicking play.

I cuddled into Andrew more and we watched the show. We were only on season one since Andrew wanted to watch it with me. It would make Andrew confused if we started where I left off. We soon got to the episode where Jed tells Leo about his M.S. condition. That hits close to home now. I immediately felt connected to Leo's emotions. I was just like Leo when Nonno told us about his diagnosis. Just all of the anger and rage coming out. The thought of losing a loved one hurts.

"Hit close to home didn't it?" Andrew asked while I closed Netflix as the episode ended.

"Yep." I nodded

"Wanna talk about it?" He raised his eyebrow.

"No, it's fine." I shook my head.

"Are you sure, it seems like there's something you want to talk about?" He questioned. "Just tell me. It would be fine."

"I just don't understand why he did this. I know he doesn't like us to be concerned about him and take care of him but it's a natural reaction. He's literally pushing his treatments 'til after the O2 concert. What's gonna happen between the New York show in August and the European tour that's gonna happen in November?" I questioned with a worried look. "So many things can happen. I just want to tell him to do them right now."

"Then do it." He placed my phone in my hands. "Tell him. If he doesn't want to do them right now, then tell him to do it in between those time frames. Debate your heart out."

"Do you really want to hear two lawyers argue?" I raised my eyebrow.

"That would be entertaining." He chuckled.

"Well, this is going to be a long night." I said while calling Nonno.

He soon answered and we talked. It was a long night indeed.