Chapter 30

Bella's POV

Opening my eyes, I carefully got out of bed to open the blinds a little bit. The sun covered by clouds somehow managed to shine in the corner of the room where I was standing. Leaning against the wall, I watched the snow peacefully fall on the sand of the beach and the backyard of my family's house. Looking over my shoulder I softly let out a chuckle at Andrew still sleeping in bed. Every time he exhales, his breath blows the strand of hair that fell in front of his hair. That's one of my favorite things about waking up next to him in our bed. Yeah, he officially moved into the house a week after I asked him. Kara was glad that he moved in with us and was excited when we asked her the day after I asked Andrew. Now our mornings are filled with laughter coming out of Kara's mouth while Andrew and I do something she finds hilarious.

"Merry Christmas." Andrew wrapped his arms around my waist as I continued watching the snow fall.

"Merry Christmas." I looked away from the window to give him a kiss. "I've always loved doing this."

"Doing what?" He questioned.

"Watching the snowfall. It just brings a sense of peace into me." I explained and looked at the time. "We should change into our onesies. The kids are about to wake up soon."

I went into my duffle bag and tossed Andrew his onesie. My family and I have this tradition where on Christmas morning we have a pajama theme. We get pajamas that fit into the theme and wear them Christmas morning while the adults sip on coffee or something else while the kids open the gifts.

I opened my duffle bag to grab Andrew and I's superhero onesies. I tossed Andrew his Spider-Man onesie, not surprised, and I grabbed my Hulk onesie and put it over my pajamas. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair before heading downstairs with Andrew. When we reached the bottom of the stairs, the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls filled our nostrils. Immediately my stomach started to growl while drool started to form in my mouth knowing how good my grandfather's cinnamon rolls are.

"Morning." Nonno greeted Andrew and I as he mixed the icing for the cinnamon rolls.

"How long have you been baking?" I asked him.

"About three, maybe four hours." He replied.

"You've been up since six? Nonno, you shouldn't be up that early." I told him.

"Ah, it's fine." He waved his hand dismissively. "I took a nap when the dough was proofing. Anyways, taste."

Nonno put the metal spoon in my mouth and the cream cheese frosting hit my taste buds. I let out a moan knowing how good the frosting is. Nonno handed Andrew another spoon with frosting which caused him to do the same thing when I tasted the frosting. Nonno let out a chuckle at Andrew's and I's reaction and continued to mix. My parents and siblings with their partners soon came down and started to make coffee for us. Andrew and I helped Nonno with frosting the rolls since he made four dozen of them.

"I'm surprised the kids slept in this late." I sipped on my coffee.

"I mean we did go to midnight mass and opened one present after that." Michael pointed out.

"True." I agreed. "Not going to lie but it felt weird seeing old classmates that hated me."

"Then you came in with Andrew and they started to act all nice." All of us laughed at Lisa's comment.

I mean it was true. All of the classmates who still live in Southampton that gave me the cold shoulder when I was in high school, started to act all nice. When Andrew and I walked into the church, all eyes were on us. My family and I just ignored the stares and whispers that everyone was giving us. At the end of mass, there were a few people that wanted to talk to us with the fakest smile on their faces but we didn't talk to them since we had the excuse that the kids were going to fall asleep soon. I mean it was true so we weren't really lying or sinning in this case if you want to put it like that. We just really wanted to leave if you wanted the truth.