Chapter 40

Bella's POV

Dropping Kara off at school, I started to make my way to Dylan and Mark's apartment in Brooklyn. Taking the subway since I didn't want to drive all the way there and have to sit in traffic and find parking. Getting off at my stop, I walked a few blocks to grab lunch at the bodega near their apartment. Punching in their code so the buzz won't wake the newborn up, I walked up the two flights of stairs to their apartment. Lightly knocking on the door, it opened revealing Dylan.

"I bought your favorite," I said while holding up the brown paper bag.

"You are a godsend." She gave me a hug after closing the door as I walked into their apartment. "I was planning on making lunch but you know."

"Oh I know," I chuckled, placing the bag of food down on the dining room table. "I remembered when Kara was a newborn."

"Does it get easier?" She asked.

"For the first four months he gets used to his sleeping schedule but then it gets ruined because of teething," I told her. "After that, it will be fine."

"Good to know." She bit into her sandwich. "So, has Kara decided who to dress up as for Halloween?"

"Yeah," I nodded my head. "Wanda Maximoff as a pirate."

"Interesting," she said.

"I know, what about you and Mark?" I asked her.

"We just bought him a little pumpkin onesie and we're planning on visiting my parents for a little bit," she replied. "How's everything else? I mean you had next year set with Mission Impossible and No Time To Die."

Yeah, the song that the band and I were working on is for the final Daniel Craig Bond movie. We just have to wait next year to announce it and film the music video but everything is set and ready to go. Nobody knows that we recorded the theme for the next Bond movie. I know that Andrew saw us recording but he didn't know that it was for the movie.

For Mission Impossible though, he knew. He helped me with my audition and gave me some tips and tricks. Just last month I announced that I was joining the franchise. We begin filming next year and I'm pretty excited. Started working out more since we're going to do a lot of stunts and running around in this movie. That also means that I'll be away from my family for months which is going to make me miss them. Thankfully we live in the age of technology where we get to talk to them over video calls. Andrew's also going to watch Kara most of the time even when filming. Liz and Jack are going to watch her if Andrew can't leave set to pick her up.

"Everything else has been fine. Busy since Andrew's currently in North Carolina filming while I'm here watching and taking care of Kara but I'm used to that," I chuckled while taking a sip of my lemonade. "We talked to Lynn recently."

"How is she?" She gave me a sincere look.

"She says that she's fine but the look on her face," I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I know that look. She's already accepted defeat and is just waiting for the day to come."

"Oh hun." Dylan squeezed my hand.

"Andrew and I are just preparing for the day when we get the call." I blinked away my tears. "She's done so much for Kara and I this past year. More than my previous partner's mom. I know what it feels to lose a loved one from cancer. It sucks. I don't want Andrew to go through what I went through. We just hope that she makes it to the end of the year. One last Christmas and New Years to spend with her."

"Does Kara know about Lynn's condition?"

"We just told her that she's really sick. I feel four years old is too young to know what cancer and death are."

"You just want to shield her from the real world as much as possible." I nodded my head in agreement. "Theo's only a month and a half and I already feel that way."

Right on cue, we heard Theo's cry from her and Mark's room. Dylan was about to get up from her seat but I stopped her and told her to continue eating her lunch. She deserves a break. Washing my hands and starting to warm up a bottle, I walked into their bedroom and to the bassinet.

"Hey Theo," I greeted the infant who continued to cry.

Picking up the crying infant, I swayed back and forth to calm him down a little like I did with Kara. Walking out of the bedroom, I went into the kitchen to test the warmth of the bottle before sitting back down to feed him. As Dylan continued eating her lunch, my voice went up a couple of octaves as I talked to him.

Not going to lie, this is making me miss Kara when she was this age. Despite me being sleep deprived and having bags under my eyes with greasy hair, this is the best feeling ever. Just me feeding Kara while sitting in the rocking chair of her nursery. It was just an intimate moment between the two of us. I was just a new, single mom having no clue what to do. My family did help me out but when I'm home alone, it was chaos for me for a little bit before I got the hang of it.

"So, when are you and Andrew having a kid together?" She jokingly asked. "Do I have to contact his publicist to make an announcement?"

"We actually talked about having kids," I laughed at her joke. "Not yet though. We want to get engaged first. He's already a great father to Kara."

She nodded her head and we continued to talk about some other things. Halfway through our conversation, I handed Theo to her so she could change his diaper while I finished my lunch. When I finished eating, I threw away the bags that used to have food inside and walked into the living room to still chat with Dylan while Theo had tummy time. Soon, I had to leave since Kara was going to finish school.

*Late November*

Parking the car in the garage, I turned off the engine and got out of the warm car to get the bags filled with Christmas things in the back of the car. Unlocking the door, I placed the bags down in the living room before I heard my phone ringing.

"Hey, you're on speaker by the way," I told Andrew when I answered his call. "How's filming?"

"It's been going great." I could see the smile on his face. "How's everything over there?"

"Everything has been fine," I answered. "Going over my lines as I take Kara to school and run errands. I have an hour before I pick Kara up for school."

"Hold up, my dad's calling me. Can I call you back?" Andrew asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I agreed. "Take your time."

Hanging up the call, I proceeded to put away the things that I got. While putting everything away, I started to get a bad feeling in my stomach. I don't know what caused it but it just randomly came up. Hearing my phone ring again, I grabbed my phone and answered it.

"Hey, how's your mom?" I asked him.

"We need to go to England."

A/N- So I finished writing this story like two weeks ago and there's going to be two more chapters left. But don't worry! After the last chapter, I'm planning on posting little one shots with Bella and Andrew so look out for that.