Chapter 42

A/N- It's the last chapter 😭

Bella's POV

With the funeral and burial already over, all of us headed home to the Garfield house. The funeral home was filled with Lynn's closest friends and family who came to pay their respects and watch the service. The funeral itself was beautiful itself. Ben, Andrew, and Richard gave their eulogies which caused everyone to laugh in a somber way. I shed some tears remembering the memories that I had with Lynn this past year. I'm so glad that I had some time with her and created some great memories.

As we got to the house, there were already family and friends waiting for us. Unlocking the door, all of us walked into the house. The kids ran into the backyard to get their jitters out because of how long the service was. I helped Ben out with carrying out the biscuits and tea for everyone. Sitting down next to Andrew on the couch, I gave his knee a squeeze and gave him a reassuring look.

Everyone in the living room was sharing stories they had with Lynn. Laughter filled the room as one of her friends told a story of Lynn in college. I looked over at Andrew to see some light in his eyes as he listened to the stories.

"Excuse me, I have take this," Andrew said as he looked at his phone.

Getting up from his spot, I watched him head upstairs to take the call. I soon focused back on the conversation that was happening in front of me. Sometimes I would glance at the clock on the wall to see how long Andrew was gone.

After thirty minutes, I excused myself and headed upstairs. Leaning against the doorway of his childhood bedroom, I saw him with his elbows on his knees, covering his face with his hands as he sat on the bed. Soft sniffles were heard coming out of him. Moving from the doorway, I kneeled down in front of him moving a curl out of his face.

"Hey," I gently announced my presence. "How was the call?"

"Well," he sniffled while wiping his eyes. "I'm going back to set in two days."

"So, you're leaving?" I asked. "So soon."

"Yeah," he nodded his head. "I know it's soon but we have a deadline to meet. I have a flight later in the afternoon tomorrow."

"Are you sure you want to head back to work?" I sat down next to him.

"I'm sure," he nodded. "I have a job to finish and it just gives me a distraction."

"Alright," I gently placed a kiss on his cheek and got up from the bed. "I'll be in the backyard."

He nodded his head and I left the room. Walking downstairs and to the backyard, I opened the back door and stepped onto the back patio. I watched the kids run around a little bit before making the call.

"Bella, how are you?" Jessica's voice entered my ear. "I'm so sorry for your and Andrew's loss. How is he?"

"We're doing fine, just taking it one day at a time," I replied. "Did you hear that Andrew's coming back to set in a few days?"

"Yeah," she answered. "I think we can both agree that it's too soon for him to come back, but we have a job to do and a deadline to meet. One of the sad things about our jobs. Not enough time to process and grieve."

"I agree, can you do me a favor?" I asked her.

"Sure, what do you need?" I could see her nodding her head.

"Just watch Andrew for me," I told her. "I know he's a grown man but he just lost his mom and is going back to work two days after he buried her. Just look out for him, please."

"Oh hun, I got you," she agreed.

"Thank you," I thanked her.

"It's no problem Bella. I have to head to set now but I'll keep my promise," she told me.

"Thank you," I thanked her again and hung up the call.

I called the kids into the house since it was getting dark and the guests that came left. All of us decided to order take out since nobody was up to making dinner. After finishing up dinner and spending more time with Andrew's family, Andrew, Kara, and I decided it was time to head back home. Kara was about to fall asleep on our drive back to Andrew's house.

Changing Kara into her pajamas, I placed a kiss on the top of her head and was about to leave her room before I heard her voice.

"Mommy?" She called out.

"Yeah, what's wrong hun?" I kneeled down by her bedside.

"Why did Lynn have to leave?" I felt my heart break when she asked me that. "I miss her."

"I miss her too," I ran my fingers through her hair. "Lynn just got really sick and her body couldn't handle it anymore."

"But I thought the doctors were helping her," she said.

"They were but the doctors had their limits hun," I sighed. "Sometimes, there are things that doctors can't fix and that's sad."

"Is she in heaven now?" Kara sniffled.

"If you think she's in heaven, then she is," I wiped her tears. "It's okay to cry hun, let it out."

Wrapping her arms around my neck, I picked her up and sat her down on my lap as I rubbed her back as she let her tears out. We were like that for a few minutes until she tired herself out. Placing her back in bed, I gave her another kiss on the top of her head and headed out of her room. Walking into Andrew and I's room, I changed out of my clothes and into my pajamas before wiping my makeup off. Looking at the bathroom mirror, I saw a reflection of Andrew looking at a stack of photos. Finished with the bathroom, I headed to the bed to look at the pictures of Lynn with Andrew.

"I can't believe she took that," I smiled at the photo.

It was taken when the band and I performed at the O2. We were bowing as confetti exploded all over the place. I've seen many angles of this photo but Lynn's was pretty unique. The confetti glistened from the arena lights creating a little ring of light around us.

"I wanna bring this home and frame it," I told him.

"That's fine with me, there's a couple of photos I wanna bring home also," he kissed my cheek.

He moved his attention back to the photos and I looked at him in admiration. Despite just losing his mom, he managed to be the same and loveable Andrew I know.

I just love him.

I love him.

I love him so, so much that I don't know what to do without him.

"I love you." The words from my mouth came out easily.

"What?" Andrew faced me.

"I love you," I repeated myself.

"I know you do but," he held onto my hand. "Are you sure you want to say it verbally? I don't mind if you just do the hand squeeze."

"Andrew, hun," I let out a chuckle and placed my hand on his face. "I'm sure. It's not because we just lost your mom but every single day I spend time with you, I fall more in love. You made me realize that I can fall in love with someone again without getting hurt. I just love you so goddamn much and I just want to shout it from the rooftops. Andrew Russell Garfield, I love you."

"Bella Marie Romano, I love you too," he placed a kiss on my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."