Chapter 14

Bella's POV

"I swear, you're going to break my ribs one day." I said as I got the wind knocked out of me when Liz jumped on my bed.

"Well, you don't have any broken ribs yet." She smiled as she got out of my bed. "Also... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!!!!"

"Thanks." I chuckled. "Oh god I'm thirty. I'm out of my twenties."

"And it's also your last day in Waitress. How do you feel?" Liz questioned.

"I'm gonna miss it and not at the same time." I laughed as I got ready.

"Well, I'm gonna be downstairs. Go get ready." Liz told me.

I nodded my head and changed out of my pajamas. I decided to change into something cute since it's my birthday and we're going out for dinner after the show. After getting ready, I made my way downstairs to see my family, friends, and Andrew waiting for me. I greeted them as they wished me a happy birthday.

"Happy birthday Darling." Andrew said before giving me a kiss.

"Thanks. This is our last day being private, how do you feel?" I asked him.

"I want to be private a little bit longer but I know our fans basically already have confirmation that we're together." He chuckled.

Yeah, a few pictures of Andrew and I together were leaked. It was when we were having dinner with his parents. I guess someone there caught Andrew and I there and took a couple pictures of us. I thought we were doing a really good job hiding it. I guess not.

I chuckled along and all of us filled our plates up with breakfast food. Throughout breakfast, I opened presents that my family got me.

"I'll give you mine after dinner." Andrew told me.

"You didn't have to get me anything." I told him before pecking his lips.

"I know but I wanted to." He smiled.

I smiled back and laid my head on his shoulder. Once breakfast was over, I had to leave for the theater. I said goodbye to my family and I made my way to the theater. My driver dropped me off and I headed in. As I walked in, I felt a somber feeling throughout the theater. This feeling usually happens when someone leaves the company. So many good memories were made here throughout my run.

"Happy birthday!" My company members cheered as I walked into the hangout area.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"We don't want you to leave." Katharine McPhee, who's currently playing Jenna, said as she hugged me.

"Same, but I have too." I frowned after letting go of the hug. "But hey, I'm still living in New York and I'm doing a few shows here."

"I know but it won't be the same without you." She told me.

I nodded and I hugged my cast members again. I saw on the table there was a cookie cake with candles and Matthew, one of our stage managers, lit them up and carried it to me. The cast started to sing me happy birthday and I made a wish before blowing out the candles. Everyone cheered and slices of cookie cake were passed along. Some members went up to their dressing rooms while some others stayed and chatted. When I was done with my slice, I headed up to my dressing room and relaxed before the show started.

What I mean by relaxing is continuing to song write. I've been writing songs non stop to the point I could make another album but that's not happening. There's so much inspiration around me, like how can you not?

"Perform your heart out." I told myself before heading onto stage.

Throughout the show I did exactly that. In the crowd I could see my whole family, friends, and Andrew in the crowd. Kara and my nieces and nephews were also sitting in the crowd. I'm surprised that they can sit still for that long. I mean they are watching something entertaining. Don't worry, they did have their eyes covered during those parts.

Soon it was curtain call. The casts and extras and I sang the final number and a whole lot of emotions came over me. I was on the verge of crying because I'm going to miss this so much. One of the cast members handed me flowers and I felt a tear coming out. When the song was finished, Katharine made a little speech about my departure and that made me reach my breaking point. I made it to the center and did my final bow. As I got up from my bow, with tears falling down, I looked to see my family and Andrew cheering me on. I let out a chuckle and headed off stage. Walking into my dressing room, I changed out of my costume one last time. I got to keep some things like the name tag and the glasses that Dawn wore in the show. I had to give the costume back but I got to keep those.

After looking around the room one last time, I shut off the lights and closed the door. I reached the bottom of the stairs and everyone started to sing Happy Trails. I smiled as I heard them sing.

"Thanks guys." I thanked all of them. "I'm going to keep this short and sweet because the more I talk about it the more I'm going to cry again. Never mind already feeling tears. This had been an amazing experience and I'm so glad that I got to be part of it. Ever since day one, I felt like I've been part of this family and I'm so thankful for that. I'm going to miss you all and don't worry, I'll stop by. Thank you again for this amazing experience."

Everyone clapped and we took pictures and hugged before I had to leave for dinner. As I walked through the stage door, waves of cheers were heard. I did my typical thing signing playbills and taking pictures of same. I took a little bit longer since I wanted to savor this moment. Once I finished, I got into the car and headed my way to the restaurant.

"You were amazing!" Dad went up to hug me as I walked through the private room.

"Thank you." I chuckled at my father's proudness.

I hugged my friends and family leaving Andrew last. He pulled me and dipped me as he kissed me.

"That's new." I covered my blushing face in front of my family.

"Yeah, I've wanted to do that." He told me.

"Cute, now I'm starving." I said while going to the table.

It was a huge round table which fit the twenty of us surprisingly. Food was already ordered so we didn't have to wait that much. Throughout the dinner, we talked about the performance and some other things. More cake was served and everyone went back home. Nonno, Andrew, Kara, and I got into the car to head back home.

"Hey, since we're alone, I want to give you your gift now." Andrew told me as we walked into my room. "Close your eyes."

"Okay." I followed his order.

"Hands out and open." I opened my hands and showed him them.

I felt a velvet material land on the palms of my hands. It wasn't that heavy when holding it.

"Now open it." I opened my eyes to see a small, dark red, velvet box.

I opened it to see an open rose gold ring where it formed a small leaf branch at each end. Each leaf was made with small stones.

"Andrew," I slid the ring on my right ring finger, "this is so beautiful. I love it. Thank you."

"I'm glad you love it, it's a promise ring. I'm promising to take care of you and be with you every step of the way." He explained.

"This is really sweet. Thank you again." I kissed him. "We have a few minutes until midnight. Wanna look at the post I came up with?"

"Sure." He agreed.

The post consisted of photos of Andrew and I along with a sweet and funny caption. We made a few edits and posted it onto Instagram. I shut off my phone and headed to sleep with Andrew with a wave of relief.