Type 1 Goddess part 3

SYLVIE POV: 

After a nap and a long hot bath I still don't feel that good. There was a knock on the door. 

"Come in" I said. 

The door opened and my mother entered. 

"Hey, how you feeling sweetie" asked my mother. 

"Still terrible" I said. 

This is the worst adoption day ever. Mother came and sat on the bed. 

"Well get some rest. We decided to reschedule the party for when you feel better and I already told your other parents" my mother said. 

"Okay, I just can't wait for this headache and nausea to be over" I said. 

My mother paused for a minute. I closed my eyes to go back to sleep. 

"Nausea and what" asked my mother. 

"Headache" I said tiredly. 

My mother was surprised. 

"Do you also have frequent urination" she asked. 

"Yes" I said. 

"Fruity breath smell" asked my mother. 

"Well, a friend, said I do but I drink fruit shakes so yes obviously" I said. 

"Tiredness" asked my mother. 

"Yes, but you know how Sif likes to challenge me to see who the strongest female warrior is" I said. 

I opened my eyes and sat up. 

"Mother what is this about" I asked tiredly. 

"I think we should go to the healers. Just to be sure. It might be serious" said my mother. 

"But today is adoption day. Can't I just go tomorrow morning" I asked tiredly. 

"No, I'm taking you to the healers. It would make me feel better" said my mother. 

"Okay fine" I said. 

We got up and went to the hospital. I had to walk a little slow and threw up on the way. When we made it we checked in and were taken to a room. The healers pricked my finger to check my blood, before taking more blood and sending it to a lab. I laid down on the small bed while mother waited in a chair. Thor entered the room. 

"Mother, the healers told father and I you were here. Is everything alright" asked Thor. 

"I don't know. The healers are running test and should be back soon but, I think Sylvie has type 1 diabetes. They also said her blood sugar was 450" said my mother. 

"Well then they will just give my sister medicine and she will be perfectly fine by next week" said Thor. 

Mother didn't say anything. 

"Right" asked Thor. 

Mother had a worried look on her face. Thor was shocked and holding back tears. 

"You mean Loki is dying" asked Thor. 

"No, Loki will be okay" said my mother. 

"Good, but what is this take 1 diabete" asked Thor. 

"Type 1 diabetes is where your pancreas stops producing insulin you can't consume sugar properly. When you eat your pancreas releases insulin so your body consumes the sugar. But type 1 diabetes can't release insulin since they don't have any. So your blood sugar sky rockets from eating almost anything. Instead of using your pancreas you have to give yourself insulin injections" said mother. 

"Does this mean Loki can't have sugar ever again" asked Thor. 

"No she can, it's just now if she is diabetic then she will have to take insulin injection. However type 1 diabetes can go too high or too low. So if Loki has too low of blood sugar then she would need a juice or something sugary to bring her back to a healthy level" said mother. 

"Okay, and how long will she be like that" asked Thor. 

"It's a life long condition. So until death. But first we should see what the healers say" said mother. 

I mostly just napped here because I'm very tired.