Out; 4:19

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
||Copper||

Tara leaned into her hand, and stared at the moving clouds. She started telling me about her and Darcy. 

"Darcy was already out. We'd been dating for a while and most of our friends knew. But other people were starting to guess too. At our school 'Lesbain' was thrown around like an insult. I probably even used it once or twice when I was younger. We were terrified"

Tara sighed, and placed her hands on her knees, and continued. 

"It took me a long time to even feel comfortable calling myself a Lesbain. And after a while, we thought it's be better to pretend to be just friends. I guess for a while it was easier." I looked at my friend sadly.

"But, in time, we got more comfortable being us" She smiled brightly, and brought her knee's to her chest before putting them back on the bellow step.

"We reached to the point where we knew that whatever people said or thought about us, we knew who we were" She turned to me with a warm smile. "And we loved ourselves anyway"

I smiled at her, and asked. "So, how did you tell people" She chuckled, and said. "We didn't, really" I looked at her confused.

"We just stopped hiding, anything. And changed out relationship status!" I laughed, and shook my head. Tara leaned into her hand again, and looked at me worried and also confused.

"Are you worried about you and Nick being out to people" I started gently hitting my wrist's together, and whispered. 

"Well of course. I don't want him to get bullied like me and Charlie did!" Tara placed her hand on mine, and said in a gentle tone. 

"Well, yeah, that's always a risk. And yeah.. Sometimes staying closeted is easier sometimes" I groaned, and ran my fingers through my hair. Tara looked at me sadly and asked me. 

"This is really stressing you out, isn't it?" I looked at my friend sadly, and whispered to her. 

"I don't want him to feel like he needs to be out because I've been out for years.." I played with my hang-nails. 

"But do YOU want to be out as a couple?" She asked me.

"..Yeah" I weakly smiled at the thought of being out to EVERYONE.

"And does he?" She asked me.

"Well.. He said he does" My happy mood changed.

"So maybe you should just let it happen. It doesn't have to be one big dramatic coming-out party" She chuckled, and I gently laughed through my nose.

"You can just be you. And if it goes badly, well.. you can deal with it together!" She smiled at me, and I gently smiled back. 

"So, absolute disaster, Jonesy--" My eyes went wide, and I saw Darcy sit next to her girlfriend. 

"They didn't have any Mint-Chocolate left. So I got us strawberry!" Darcy brightly smiled at Tara. I smiled at the two girls, and Tara kissed her girlfriend's cheek. Darcy's face went bright red, and she looked at Tara confused.

I smiled at them, and looked down at my hands. 

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ

Fin <33