Out; 4:27

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
CONTENT WARNING: This update contains discussions of disordered eating

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ

||Copper||

Mr. Ajayi gave me some water and some type of cake. He said to me,

"There you go, Mr. Spring. Get those in your belly" I looked down at the food. Mr. Farouk looked up at Mr. Ajayi worried. 

"Thank you.." I whispered. I'm not hungry. 

"We'll leave you to chill out for a bit, but-- well, Nick can come and find us if you need us. Okay?" Mr. Farouk said. "Thanks, sir" I muttered. I watched as the teacher's walked away. 

I turned back to Nicholas and the croissant from earlier was now on the table. I looked down at it, and I weakly chuckled. 

"Copper, I've-I've noticed you don't really eat a lot." My eyes went wide. "Uhm.. generally. Or, I don't know. It feels like it's gotten worse lately? Like, I feel like you eat less than before" I bounced my leg.

Why does he have to be so good at noticing things? 

"I guess I thought you were just a picky eater, but, I mean, you've barely eaten anything this entire week and you just passed out and now I'm worried" Nicholas finished. 

"Yeah. Fuck. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry-" I ran my finger's through my hair, that's sadly starting to grow long again. "Hey!" I flinched, and I looked up at him. "No, there's nothing to be sorry about, okay?"

Nicholas smiled at me, and my face went warm. "I just want to understand" Nicholas added, gently rubbed my back. 

I grabbed the croissant and stared at it. "I know I don't like like... normal people" I grunted. I looked down at the food in front of me, I didn't know how to put it into words. 

"Some day's I'm just.. fine and dandy. But, other days.. I feel like I need to control it.. I used to do it when everything at school was utterly shitty" I leaned into my hand, and turned to Nicholas.

"I don't know why I do it. I don't know why I get stressed and down about things.. But the eating.." I ran my fingers through my hair, and clenched. "Sometimes it feels like the one thing in my life I can control" I glared at the food in front of me.

Nicholas was just watching me the entire time I spoke, he.. actually listened. My eyes went wide for a moment, before they went back to their normal size.

"Sorry.. That probably made zero sense. I don't know why I'm like this" I whispered. 

"No, that does make sense." Nicholas said, and he wrapped his pinky finger around mine. "You can always tell me stuff like that. I'll listen" I smiled at him, but then it dropped. 

"I don't know.. I don't want to annoying you or-or being a God-Damned burden towards you" Nicholas looked at me worriedly. "Ever since I told you about... you know, how bad I felt last year... I've been scared you'd-- I just don't want you to feel like you need to look after me like I'm some fragile, broken boy. Like you NEED to fix me! I would HATE that" I grunted through my teeth.

"Copper, I'm not going to start treating you like I'm a doctor and you're my patient" Nicholas smiled at me, and our face's went warm. He smirked.. "Unless.. you're into that" He poked my cheek. 

I loudly gasped, and grabbed his hands. "Shut up, Nicholas!" He laughed. He held my hand, and he said. 

"Copper, you're not broken or fragile or anything like that.. But, I want to know if you're having a bad day. Or if you want to find somewhere quiet to eat, just us two.. Or even if you just need cheering up!" Nicholas smiled brightly.

I'm so glad this boy is my boyfriend. 

"Because I'm your boyfriend! And I--" His eyes went wide, and his entire face went red. "I-" I looked at him confused. 

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
>Nicholas's Mind<

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you... I love you Copper Spring

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ

"I really care about you" I brightly smiled at him, his entire face was red and mine was warm. I smiled up at him, and our face's was really close. 

"Nicholas! There's to many people around!" I scolded him. "Y-Yeah! Right!" Nicholas exclaimed. I chuckled, and shook my head. 

"It's been too long since we last kissed!" I complained. "It's been two days" Nicholas poked my dimple. "TOO LONG!" I grabbed the croissant. I took a bite out of it, and muttered. "Too dry" Nicholas laughed.

"Well, it has been sitting in my bag for like three hours" I glared at him. 

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 

"Done!" I said, as I threw my wrapper away. "Do you feel any better?" Nicholas asked me as we walked away. I thought for a moment, and looked down at my shaky hands. 

"A bit. I'm only a little less shaky" I answered him. "Let's go!" I smiled. 

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ

"Wow, this is so--" Nicholas started. Suddenly his phone went off. My jumped, and he yelled. "AH! That's my phone!!"

I looked at him confused, and I just rolled my eyes. 

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ

Fin <33