06

𝗞𝗶𝘄𝗶

𝗞𝗶𝘄𝗶

"Man, this shit with the new leader is rough!" Fangs let out as he made his mark. I watched and waited for my turn.

We were gathered at a pool table talking and chatting. It was late in the evening.

"It's just bullshit! No one wants Tall Boy up. We have to do something Fangs!" Toni cursed from the table she was sitting at. She was only a few feet away.
"What can we do Toni? FP's kid doesn't want anything to do with us and Rhiannon... she's gone... we don't even know where she is." He looked up at her as he said this. There was a slight tone of hurt in his voice.
"I know... but we can't just sit here and let this happen." She said again. I sighed, going for my turn at shots.

When morning came, the Serpents were called in early for a meeting at the Wyrm. We had to set up court later to vote for our new leader. This was a rather sensitive topic since we were currently riding without a King.

With FP being our Serpent King and out of the race, that left the club in a vulnerable position. Any rival gang can decide to attack us and we'd be wiped out within a blink of an eye. We needed a new direction and we needed it fast.

There were a few Serpents who were next in line, two of them being the famous Jones twins, Rhiannon and Jughead. They were a special case.

Jughead, being FP's only son, was supposed to take up the mantle when the time came, but he wasn't interested in our affairs. His mind, body, and soul belonged to the Northside.

Rhiannon was the second, she was a Southside Serpent herself and she was one of the first kid Serpents of my generation from the ripe age of seven. Toni and Fangs were part of the handful themselves.

According to Toni, Mrs. Jones took her away along with the third Jones child and disappeared. No one knows where they went. They were here one day and gone the next.

Then there was one man in particular that a few of the Serpents my age didn't take to. Tall Boy.

Don't get me wrong, the man was a good crew member but he couldn't lead for anything. The last time FP was out on King's business and Tall Boy filled in for him, we were clashing with The Ghoulies and several other gangs left and right. We made some serious enemies because of him.

"What if we ask Joaquin to ask his boyfriend if he can look her up in the police database? I bet they have something about her there. They have to!" Toni rambled on, thinking of a way to get her friend home.

Toni has always been hopeful of Rhiannon coming back to Riverdale. She swears by the Uktena spirits that she will return. Fangs was equally as hopeful but even he saw the unlikeliness of that happening. I felt bad for them because I knew how much they loved her.

"Nah, Joaquin won't like that, you know how he is when it comes to Kevin." Fangs shook his head.
"It doesn't hurt to try!" She groaned, rolling her eyes in annoyance.