0100

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗧𝗼 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗰𝘀

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗧𝗼 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗰𝘀

Sweet Pea and I dropped my brother and Betty off at home while we went on a little Pops date. We managed to get a few burgers in before Fangs finally summoned us to the Wyrm.

"Do you ever get tired of always running around? Whether you're helping someone or fulfilling Serpent royalty duties?" Sweet Pea caught me off guard with his question.
"What?" I got in the passenger seat.
"You're always helping someone and always going above and beyond people's expectations." He said again.
"Like seriously, do you ever take a chill pill?" I sighed, looking out the window. Of course, I was tired.

"I am tired, Sweet Pea." I played with my rings mindlessly.
"I just want to wake up one day and not be bothered with life but this is the path that I chose for myself." The buildings and people here and there became a blur.
"I wanted this because it's what I was forced into. I embraced it eventually, but I had nothing else." I was born a Serpent and was destined to die as a Serpent too.

"Aside from that, I want to prove my mom wrong. I can do this." He chuckled, knowing already.
"No matter how many curve balls life throws at me, in the end, I'll always make a home run. I'll be damned the day I ever make it out of the park." I looked at him now.
"So this is about your mom." He raised his brows at me. I chuckled.

Sweet Pea knew the kind of relationship I had with my mom. It was a special case that was slowly becoming a lost one. I feel like I'll never see eye to eye with mom and it pains me.

"And there I thought if I ever got to meet Mrs. Jones she was gonna be a total bad bitch like you." I laughed at his words.
"Oh, she is..." I lingered, unsure how to answer that.
"Where do you think I learned how to be one?" I teased.

My mom was a total baddie, but she had her moments, especially when it came down to get me to walk in a straight line. It had gotten worse a couple of months after my incident, and because of it, I started acting out in school, doing crazy shit a fourteen year old girl should never be doing.

"Ever since I tapped into her rebel gene, she's never supported me..." I remembered all those harsh times mom and I shared. I shifted uncomfortably.
"Which is ironic because she made me this way..." I let out another chuckle, shaking my head.
"I think she realized at some point she was constantly staring at her own reflection with me, and she sees everything that she used to be and could have been. I think I'm worse though... and she hates it." I paused at hearing myself. That was the whole reason why mom was so hard on me growing up. She sees me in her and she can't stand it.

No matter how hard she tries to get me to be good, I can't. The world wasn't built for me to be good. The world didn't allow me to be the good kid that she wanted.

The world turned me into this... monster. Am I a monster?

"Whatever the reason..." Sweet Pea brought me back, seeing I had gone quiet. He took one of my hands, kissing it.
"I want to be the one to return the favor." He said, making me smile.
"Have I told you how lucky I am to have you as my boyfriend?" I leaned in to kiss him.
"Mmm, no, remind me." He smiled, kissing me again.