052

𝗜 𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲

After our appointment with Doctor Tracey, Sweet Pea decided to take me out on a picnic to celebrate our moment.

We ordered a Pops dinner to go, stopped at the Chugmo to grab a perfectly covered carrot cake, and some non-alcoholic wine. It was thoughtful and cute of him.

We were somewhere out of town near Greendale. We were here all day just enjoying our time together and with nature.

For some reason it made me feel motherly connecting with the earth. Eh, go figure.

We were laid out on a blanket, looking up at the stars. It was a starry night and the warm breeze gently brushed over us as we talked and pointed up at the sky for hours.

"That constellation." He pointed at a large and oddly shaped cluster of stars. It took the form of a polygon with two antennas.
"... Is Lupus, the wolf." I nuzzled into his shoulder to see better.

"The wolf is a loyal creature. Works best alone but is still loyal to the pack." I smiled lightly.
"Kinda like you." I said as I took his hand in mine, kissing it.
"Your loyalty lies with the Serpents." His large cold, silver wolf head ring touched my lips.
"And with you. It lies with you too." He added.

His finger grazed on my lips now. I felt bubbly again.

Sweet Pea had brought up earlier that back in Virginia his dad always took him out stargazing. He said he would always sneak him out of the base, passing the worrisome clutches of his mom where they went out into the desert, going to their special spot, and looking up at the sky.

His father taught him how to look for constellations and how to treat the sky as a map. Certain constellations and stars were the points on a compass and if he was ever lost all he had to do was look up and automatically know where he was.

This was all interesting to learn from Sweet Pea. He was always hotheaded and played hard to get so when he actually let his guard down for once, it felt refreshing.

"And that one is Serpens, the serpent obviously." I looked up at a line of stars with a small squared head.
"Myth is based on the son of Apollo who was able to bring back the dead with his healing powers." I raised a brow.
"Bring back the dead?" I lingered curiously.

I wonder if he could bring Violet back from the dead? If she were alive today, she would be so happy to hear that I was gonna be a mom.

Oh god, if Thomas Topaz could hear me now. He's always told me to never meddle with the dead and to always treat them with respect.

"I wanna say that's you... you brought me-- a guy who had nothing to lose-- back to life." My heart skipped a few beats at hearing him.
"Sweet Pea..." I let out softly.