076

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗲

The week dragged on and I became busy once again with school, work, and now cheer. I had no time to myself except for the only day I had free in which I decided to take Murphy up on his offer for our date at Pops.

All week I've been clouded with what was gonna happen with the Serpents if we couldn't get out of this one. Where were we all gonna live if we can't save Sunnyside?

I'm gonna have to find a place for us to move to, even if that means we have to rent out a few rooms to help cover the expenses. What dad makes at Pops and what I do for the Serpents wasn't enough.

I had plenty of money in my savings for college but I didn't want to touch that money. I didn't want to resort to it and let it become a habit, then it would really force me to get a job outside the Wyrm.

"Oh, enough of this!" I shook my head, pushing away the thoughts. I was sitting at the vanity.
"I'm going out with Murphy... I should be happy." I reminded myself. I wanted to actually have fun and live in the moment.

I got up and began to look around in my closet to see if I had anything good to wear for a casual date. I wanted something to make me feel confident and pretty.

I tucked in a white cold shoulder bodysuit into a pair of black mom jeans

I tucked in a white cold shoulder bodysuit into a pair of black mom jeans. I slipped in a regular belt and added a choker over my chains to keep them company.

I laced up my ankle boots and then went to do my hair and makeup.

My shaggy hair was left alone and I did my usual natural makeup only using a bit of soft bronze eyeshadow with natural lips.

As I sat there getting ready, I couldn't help but feel weird getting ready for someone who wasn't Sweet Pea, but it was something to get used to if things weren't going to work out between us anymore.

My phone vibrated and I looked down to see that Murphy was calling me. I lightly smiled.

"Hey, I'm ready." I answered, getting up to grab a leather blazer to put on.
"Good cause I'm already outside." He replied. I could hear his smirk.
"I'll be out in a bit then." I chuckled, hanging up and heading for the door.