0105

𝗚𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘆𝗮𝗿𝗱

𝗚𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘆𝗮𝗿𝗱

I was passing between periods with Kevin. I had just gotten out of English and I was now on my way to the theater.

This morning, we posted the official cast for the musical and we were excited to see who was on board and who we were going to work with.

"Did you ever figure out who's playing Mrs. White?" I asked as we neared the bulletin board.
"That's a secret, you'll have to find out." He replied, swinging his arm over me. We stood before the bulletin and my heart dropped when I saw one of the names hadn't been signed.

"Who is it? Let me strangle them." I said as I put my finger on the name and followed it.
"Now, now, Rhinnie." Kevin let out nervously.

"Reggie Mantle. My favorite Bulldog. Shame he isn't about commitments." I sighed.
"Ouch, be careful what you say little slut, or I'll have to punish you." Reggie's voice filled my ears as he coolly rested an arm on my shoulder.

"Why'd you drop?" I asked.
"Basketball practice. It messes with my schedule." He replied. I shook my head, patting his hand. I'll take that as an excuse.

"Do you know anyone else that'll play the part?" I looked up to him now. He shrugged his shoulders.
"Nah, you think I'd know? I'm not much into this stuff." He said, saluting me and then heading off.

"See you opening night." He said before turning the corner.
"Idiot." I chuckled.

"No worries, we can always get someone else to fill the spot... maybe? You up for cross-dressing?" Kevin teased. I giggled.
"Sure, I always wanted to see if I'd look like Jughead." I said.

"I heard that!" Jughead chimed in. I turned to see my brother coming from Chemistry.
"What, you're scared I'd look better in your beanie?" I teased. He flipped me off.

"Oh! Jughead! I wanted to speak to you about something!" Kevin said now, rushing over to him. He immediately pulled him into a conversation and I was left alone.

I walked into the theater, going towards the director's desk to only find a familiar handsome face sitting there. He was throwing a small stress ball up in the air.

"Shouldn't you be in class handsome?" I said, setting my bag beside the table to sit with him.
"I have something more important." He said. I faced him, raising a curious brow.
"Ohhh, I wonder what could be so important." I lingered with a smile. He chuckled, catching the ball in his hand before turning to look at me.

"I heard you and Mags are on speaking terms." He said, becoming serious. I suddenly became scared. Was it wrong that I was trying to move past it?
"I don't know about speaking terms... it's just tolerance." I said, leaning my arm against the chair.

"Why? Last time I checked, you tried to kill her." He added. I bit my lip.
"But I didn't." I playfully smiled.
"Babe, what's going on? You're acting... strange. Out of all this time we've known each other, you're pretty solid when it comes to your words. It's not like you. Are you high?-- You're pregnant again aren't you?" I shook my head, cracking a laugh.