010

𝗔𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗺𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗠𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝐈𝐈𝐈

Sweet Pea and I managed to cover ground and make sure no one had followed us. We were all in the clear.

While we did this, we played around for a bit. You can guess where that lead us to. Steamy Wonderland.

We pulled up to Archie's house and went through the side where the garage was dimly lit, signaling that everyone was gathered there. I pushed open the door, finding the group crowded around the jacket that was draped on a microphone stand.

"This is meant to help FP?" Archie asked as he looked over to Kevin thinking if this was some sort of sick joke.
"I don't know, it just looks more like incriminating evidence to me." Kevin replied.
"Yeah, this just confirms that my dad torched Jason's getaway car." Jughead said, shaking his head in disbelief.
"And that his confession is true." I added as Sweet Pea and I stood with them.

"Okay, but what does a jacket have to do with any of this?" Sweet Pea asked.
"You're right, why would FP say Jason's varsity jacket is dangerous?" Betty's wheels began to turn before everyone else's.
"I can ask my father." Veronica's voice filled the room now, making us look over to her closing the door and approaching us with full speed.

"Who's that?" Sweet Pea whispered to me.
"Veronica Lodge. Resident rich girl with daddy issues." I whispered back. He tried to stifle a laugh.

"He would know since we found concrete proof that he hired the Serpents to kill Jason." She continued.
"Which probably means that your dad pulled the trigger." I got serious at hearing those words.

Sweet Pea placed his hand on my shoulder again, giving it a small squeeze.

"Don't give up okay?" He whispered. I placed my hand on top of his.
"I don't know what to believe anymore." I admitted, sharing a quick glance.

I looked back at my brother. He seemed like he was about to lose it but his carrot top best friend comforted him. I grinned at remembering mom's words with these two.

"No. No!" Betty let out angrily all of a sudden.
"We can't give up yet." She took the jacket and held it out towards Archie.
"Put this on." He froze in place.
"What? No." He protested but Betty shoved the jacket in his hands. He had no choice but to cave into the blonde's curiosity.

"Betty, this is weird." He whined as he slipped his arms in uncomfortably.
"It's a dead kids jacket, isn't that like... bad?" Veronica eyed him skeptically.

Betty ignored them and continued with her work. We watched as she felt around Archie, patting him down when she stopped. She had scored something.

"There's a hole in the pocket." She said with an eerie pause. I raised a brow.
"Okay, now we're just grasping at straws." Kevin said with furrowed brows.
"Okay, no." She protested.