054

𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀

𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀

A few days after spending the evening with Betty and evening out Archie's debt with me, the last weekend of Winter break finally rolled in.

No one was happy that we were going back to school but this gave us the green light to go out with a bang.

The party that Toni and Fangs were telling me about was moved to this weekend and it was still being held at Moose's house. I can't believe places where the North and the Southside could mix existed.

Sweet Pea went into detail about these parties. Depending on who's hosting it and where the more intense it was.

He specifically said that it was like two cultures coming together in one place. You'll never know what will happen. The whole party itself was a total wild card.

I haven't been to a party in a while and even though I didn't want to go, Toni begged me to attend. She and Sweet Pea although he was going to make sure that I didn't drink anything because I had the tendency to forget since I wasn't used to being in such a situation.

I got invited through Reggie and Midge but Midge gave me a free pass to bring as many Serpents as I wanted. You can guess who I invited, yeah all of them.

The party wasn't until later tonight so I was currently spending the day with my best friend. We were on the hunt for mobile homes and apartments big enough for four people.

I still wasn't sure if I wanted to move in with Sweet Pea yet but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. There was just something about the way he was acting this past month that has been rubbing me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sweet Pea and I love when he behaves a certain way and makes me feel good about myself but I can't help but feel suspicious about it.

"Does Sweet Pea know about this?" Toni asked as she munched on some chips.
"No, I just don't know what to do." I admitted, stuffing myself with M&Ms.

I really wanted to smoke but I couldn't so I had to be satisfied with candy. I just had to keep in mind that this change was only temporary and I could damage my lungs as much as I wanted afterwards.

"I kinda don't want to move in with him." I continued.
"I don't know, there's just something weird about all of this... I probably sound crazy." I chuckled nervously, going for more candy.

"What do you mean weird ?" She raised a brow. I didn't want to tell her.
"Are you still suspicious about Mags?" I bit my lip. She reads me too well.
"Yeah..." I admitted once more.
"I mean I know it's been weeks but it still doesn't sit right with me." My grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"Did you find out if he ever did cheat?" She asked.
"No... I thought it was just better to suppress the thought. I want to trust him and not let my mind ruin something good for me." I replied.