082

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗻𝗹𝗶𝘁 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗻𝗹𝗶𝘁 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻

𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫, 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝.

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨...

It was my first day at the Toledo Academy for Gifted Students as a Freshman.

I was currently walking out of my first class of the day, double Honors Biology with professor Heidl. I could already tell it was gonna be one of my favorite classes.

I was excited to be stepping into this new chapter of my life, that is being a teenager.

I knew I belonged at Toledo Academy the moment I heard about the Drama and Musical Arts program.

Before making the decision of attending I was enrolled in a public school like everyone else, St. James High School. It was like Riverdale and Southside High combined only there was no feud and people behaved "normally".

The middle school I attended before had held a concert for the band kids. It was mandatory so I performed one of my absolute favorite piano pieces called The Sunlit Garden.

It was Levi's favorite play by me. Whenever he heard me play it he had to share the sound with everyone in the house.

He would make everyone stop what they were doing just so they could all crowd around me and watch me play. They would listen intently and I would take requests to play different songs.

I enjoyed it. I loved playing for them.

When I performed this song at the concert, I didn't think I was good. Then again, when I learned how to play the piano I thought the same. I wasn't good enough.

That night, the director of the program was scouting for fresh talent and new faces for the Academy, more specifically, his program.

According to him, I was one of those "talented" students. Me of all people, could you believe that?

Mom and I didn't buy it at first but me being me— young and ambitious— I agreed to attend and now I go there.