012

𝗛𝗮𝘆𝗹𝗼𝗳𝘁

𝗛𝗮𝘆𝗹𝗼𝗳𝘁

"So no to the Jubilee?" I lingered, leaning over my bike to wrap my arms around Sweet Pea's neck.

We were in front of my trailer. We never managed to cross the river but he treated me to Pops, letting us spend the rest of the day at his place until we found ourselves at a very interesting kickback down at the quarry.

I mentioned to him about the Jubilee-- like my brother-- he didn't like the idea of being in public places. Especially if it was over something that our kind wasn't welcomed to.

"No, but I was thinking that we can go to dinner afterwards?" He suggested.
"A fancy but casual type of thing?" He was a little shy at asking me. I don't think he's ever asked something like this.

"Like a date?" I raised a brow.
"Yeah." He nodded dorkishly. There was a shade of pink that tinted his cheeks. It made my heart melt and light up at his request.
"Yes! Yes, Sweet Pea!-- Yeah, I'll go to dinner with you." I accepted with excitement.

He relaxed at me kissing him. He let out a nervous laugh, relieved at my response. Asking me made him severely nervous.

"See you Jubilee night then." He smiled, kissing me again.
"See you then." I whispered as he pulled away to readjust himself on his bike, taking off and disappearing.

I squealed, hitting my hand on the handlebar of the bike from not being able to contain myself. I already wanted Jubilee night to come! I can't believe I was losing my cool girl act over something so simple.

I sighed at the warm bubbly feeling, swinging my leg over to pull my bike along. I parked it in its place and jogged up the small steps.

I happily pushed open the door, dancing my way in. I spun around with a hum, bumping into my brother sitting at the kitchen table. He looked up from his laptop, giving me a weird look.

"You disappeared after that smoke." He said. I went to wrap my arms around him, kissing his temple. He put a hand on top of mine, chuckling.
"I was with Sweet Pea." I admitted.
"Oh, so we're ditching school for hookups now?" He teased.
"We didn't hook up!" I laughed, pulling away to head for the room to change into my sleepwear.
"We just hung out." I semi-lied. I pulled off my jacket and unlaced my boots, slipping out of my tight clothes.

"You really like him, huh?" Jughead followed me with his laptop, sitting on the bed to type again.
"Maybe." I lingered, pulling out one of his shirts I stole. I went across to the bathroom to change and then return to the room.

I threw myself on the bed to lay beside him. I took out a cigarette and lit it up. I puffed a few clouds of smoke through my nose before Jughead took it from me to have some for himself.

"When did you start smoking?" He asked, giving the cigarette another small puff and finally giving it back to me.
"Just last year, which by the way..." I tackled him with a bear hug and several kisses around his face.
"Dammit, Rhinnie!" He laughed, secretly enjoying my showering of affection towards him.