087

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗘𝘆𝗲𝘀

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗘𝘆𝗲𝘀

My phone kept going off the next morning. I turned over in bed, my hand reaching for the nightstand to search for it. I flipped it over seeing dad had been calling me.

"Hey, dad." I answered with a yawn, sitting up.
"Sweetheart! Guess what?!" He yelled into the phone. There was a lot of loud chatter in the background and it made it hard for me to hear him.
"What's going on? Why is there so much noise?" I asked, running a lazy hand through my hair, trying to wake myself up.

"We don't have to move anymore!" My mind couldn't process his words but hearing them made me become fully awake.
"What?" I furrowed my brows.
"We don't have to leave Sunnyside! Hiram bought the land and paid off our debts! We're staying!" Yells and cheers followed him in the background. I rid myself of the sheets, getting up in shock.

Hiram Lodge bought Sunnyside Trailer Park and paid off everyone's debts? This can't be true... can it?

Now I know something is really going on behind closed doors. I wonder what Jughead will think about this?

"You're joking?" I scoffed.
"No! I'm throwing a party in honor and you should come over!" He invited before the line suddenly went dead.

I rushed down the hallway and stood by the front window where I tugged the curtains open to see a crowd of Serpents outside throwing a grill and going in and out of dad's. There were huge relieving and celebratory smiles on their faces. Seeing them made me smile lightly.

"Rhinnie!" Sweet Pea startled me with his harsh banging on the window.
"Sweet Pea!" He had a handsome smile on his face as I slid it open, looking down at him.

"You scared me, doofus." I chuckled, cracking a smile this time.
"Sorry, dingus." He kissed my cheek, holding my face in his hands.

"Did you hear the news? I'm so fucking relieved right now!" He spoiled me with another kiss.
"Yeah, I couldn't believe it when dad told me. Thank god." I replied, trying not to kill the mood with my suspicion. None of this sat right with me.

"Anyways, hurry up so we can get with the others! We gotta celebrate!" This time he crashed his lips with mine, making me laugh.
"Okay! Okay! You dork!" I giggled, pulling away to go and finally get ready for the day.