094

𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

After Sweet Pea and I had sorted through the twin's stuff we ended up ditching the rest of the school day.

Between the both of us we made the hard decision of storing away the cribs in our closet and donating most of the baby clothes to a women's shelter on the Southside. It pained us to have to get rid of our babies' stuff but it wouldn't be right if we kept it. They would have wanted us to share it.

Of course, we left a thing or two behind for when we did have our own children in the future but the rest we packed away and prepared to drop off first thing Saturday morning. Doing this was the first step of us moving on, together.

Since we now had a spare room, I originally wanted to make it into some sort of creative space for us. We both had our hobbies and I wanted to make room for us to grow.

Sweet Pea made the excellent suggestion of turning it into a guest room. In case anything happened and our friends needed a place to crash they could actually have a bed to sleep on instead of crashing on the couch.

We eventually returned to school but only to meet with Kevin in the theater to work on the backdrops for the musical. We needed to stay ahead of schedule and I wasn't going to let my little faint spell get in the way.

The three of us managed to go through several hours of painting and sketching. Everything was coming along exactly how Kevin and I wanted. I mean, leave it to a pair of dedicated thespians to get the job done.

Kevin insisted that we took a break so I had to cave in. He and Sweet Pea left to bring back Pops and I was left alone to do more painting.

I was enjoying painting, dancing, and singing whatever song came on the speaker that was connected throughout the theater. It was easily becoming the perfect stress reliever for me.

Sooner or later I ran out of paint right when I was about to be finished. I wiped myself clean, quickly jogging down the steps and marching up the aisle. I was out in the hallway where I roamed around on the first floor for a bit.

The music from the theater became muffled as I searched for my locker that was by the library. Once I found it, opening it, I plugged in my walkman. Dad had gifted it to me so I could play the twins some of my music and now I use it for my own pleasures.

The school was barely lit at this hour and it made everything look creepy but I was too distracted by the eighties music filling my ears to even notice. I was too busy dancing and feeling like I was in some music montage. I was in my own little world to even notice that I was no longer alone.

I continued down several hallways and finally ended up on the second floor. It was even more pitch black up here and all that was guiding me were the voices of Daryl Hall and John Oates.

A weird sensation that I was being watched overcame me. Someone was watching me.

I pulled out my phone to turn on the flash. I stood at the top of the stairs, holding my phone out in front of me to see who was behind me. I don't know who or what I was expecting to be standing at the bottom of the stairs but there was no one. I stood there feeling like a paranoid idiot.