035

𝗥𝗲𝗱 𝗥𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱

𝗥𝗲𝗱 𝗥𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱

The school day had ended much quicker than usual. If I thought ten years flew by quick, time in Riverdale-- especially Southside High School-- flew by quicker.

I was walking with Sweet Pea, making our way towards our bikes in the lot.

All day, I've been contemplating the bomb that Archie dropped this morning. I mean, did Betty really mean all of that? Does she really not want to be friends anymore?

I was trapped in my own thoughts for too long that I didn't realize that Sweet Pea had rambled off on his own, stopping us abruptly to snap me out of it.

"Rhinnie." He called me, waving his hand in front of me.
"Hey, Rhin. Rhiannon." He snapped his fingers in front of my face, taking me out of my trance.

"Shit, sorry baby." I apologized, shaking my head and holding the bridge of my nose to help aid an oncoming headache.

"You okay?" He asked.
"I know how much Betty means to you." He added, guessing what I was thinking about.

"Pft, of course I'm fine." I lied, trying to mask my feelings once again.
"I'm cool. Solid." He stood there with a poker face, pursing his lips over the fact that I was flat out bullshitting him.

He moved his hands out of his jacket pockets, placing them on the side of my neck to make me look up at him.

He leveled his face to mine, staring intently into my eyes. I furrowed my brows slightly and stuck my bottom lip out.

"Do you know what kind of punishment a certain liar would get from me?" He lingered with seriousness.

He raised a brow and I bit my lip, becoming slightly scared.

"It's just-- why would she do this right now when I need her the most? When Jughead needs her the most?" I let out frustrated.

His face softened at hearing me. He cupped my cheeks.

"Now, was telling me the truth that hard?" He teased, kissing the top of my head.
"Shut up, it's hard okay!" I defended with a pout.

He took my hand and finished leading us to our bikes. We sat on them, facing each other as we reminisced about this morning.

"I mean, I know she's hiding something. Andrews showed it within the last second of us talking." I said, resting my chin in my palms.