0107

𝗨𝗻𝘀𝘂𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀

𝗨𝗻𝘀𝘂𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀

After practice, everyone left and I had gone home with Sweet Pea. We had dinner with dad and my brother as usual and after that, we were all on the couch watching Good Times.

I was now laying in bed with Sweet Pea who was fast asleep. For some reason, I couldn't sleep. I rolled over to wrap myself around him and kissed his shoulder.

"I love you..." I whispered, placing my lips on his ear.
"I hope you never leave me again..." I don't know why I was suddenly feeling doubtful.

"I know I can be a lot to handle and sometimes I make you worry more than you should... I'm sorry. I know you wish things could be easy." I said again, sighing.

"I hope we get married and have that big family you want. Then we can grow old and I can tease you for still looking hot with your wrinkles." I almost laughed for how stupid I sounded. He began to move in his sleep and his hands gripped my own tighter.

I smiled as I listened to his breaths. I looked over at the clock on the nightstand and read the glowing red numbers that read 12:01pm.

"Happy seven months." I said, closing my eyes and finally drifting off to sleep to the sound of his breathing.

***

The next day, I woke up in the same sleeping position that we were in last night. Neither of us had moved around.

My nose tickled from his long raven hair touching my nose. I inhaled his smell of shampoo. It was such a weird thing for me to do but I did it anyway.

I was caught off guard by a warm gust of breath that fanned my face and I was brought back to reality. Sweet Pea had turned over and was now facing me.

His eyes moved under his lids and he was still in deep sleep. I lightly giggled as I leaned in to peck his lips, only to be surprised by his eyes opening and his arms wrapping around me, pulling me close.

"I was faking it!" He said, kissing me all over my face. I laughed.
"Stop it, Sweet Pea." I felt his lips all over and he held me close to his chest, tightening his hold on me. One hand rested on my head while the other secured me. I felt safe.

"Shh, don't kill the moment." He said.
"You're so silly." I said, looking up at him. His eyes and face were puffy.

"Hey, Sweet Pea?" I lingered now.
"What's up?" He ran a hand through my hair.
"What if... I was ever gone? What if I just disappeared, went missing, or ended up dead?" I asked. He went pale and quiet. He didn't know how to answer that question.

"Come on, we'll be late." He said, petting my hair before forcing us to get up and out of bed. Guess we'll never know the answer to that question until it happens.