072

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝐈𝐈𝐈

My eyes opened to a white ceiling, closing instantly due to the bright color. It burned my vision.

I let my hands move around and feel something soft. It was bedsheets.

I moved around, turning to bury my nose in the pillow, being filled with a familiar sweet scent. It was my perfume.

I was back at home and in my bed. How?

A flashback of last night played in my mind, The Black Hood's face suddenly clouding it as clear as day. It made me go frigid.

I sat up in shock, getting out of bed and rushing out to barge into the bathroom. I turned on the lights, going wide-eyed at seeing the huge purple bruise around my neck. I went to touch it, wincing almost instantly.

Did I really get attacked last night? Is this all just a dream? A nightmare perhaps?

My phone was ringing from the bedroom and I went back to see it was my brother calling me. I gulped nervously.

"H-Hey Jug." I answered, my voice coming out raspy and shakey.
"Hey, Rhinnie good morning why does your voice sound funny? You okay?" He greeted.
"Itch in my throat." I lied with a cough.

I was trying to talk normally but it hurt to do so. This was going to be a problem.

"Anyways, I was hoping you'd join me at Pops this morning? I'm already here if you wanna hang for a bit?" I smiled at his invitation.
"Sure Jug I'll be there in half an hour." I replied.
"I'll see you in a bit then." I could hear his dorky smile through the phone before hanging up.

I sighed in relief. At least he didn't know what happened.

"You okay?" A voice asked behind me.
"For fuck sake don't do that!" I was startled by Sweet Pea.
"Sorry, I heard talking and I figured you were up." He looked tired. He hadn't slept.

"Why are you here?" I asked now, holding my throat due to the pain.
"What happened at the quarry last night?" He crossed his arm seriously.
"I don't know..." I lied again.
"I had a couple of drinks and then went for a swim and I blacked out." I continued, sitting on the bed and playing with my hands to avoid meeting his gaze.

"This doesn't look like swimming to me." He got closer, taking my face in his hands and gently moving it around to take a better look at the bruise on my neck.
"This looks really bad." He whispered, gently tracing the large purple-colored mark.

I felt my stomach do a couple of flips and my skin light on fire at his touch. I gripped my thighs to control the feeling that was rising between my legs. He was always so gentle when he wanted to be.

"Don't you have that thing tonight at the Wyrm?" Shit. I completely forgot I had to perform tonight at the Wyrm.
"You know me... I'll figure something out." I whispered back nervously. I hated that he made me flustered all the time.