093

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿𝘀

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿𝘀

I was in drama class, more specifically the theater, with Kevin. We were working on our first productions for our upcoming co-directing musical.

I had Amanda Anderson who was the leader of the wardrobe department sketch out costumes for the characters and come up with an individual wardrobe for each. Today I was supposed to have a sit down with her so she could add the finishing touches and a few notes of my own.

"James! Are the flyers ready to be distributed Friday morning?" Kevin asked from the director's desk. We were both sitting there together trying to organize everything and set some sort of order.
"Yes sir!" James replied.
"We just need a few more finishing touches before getting the green light." He added, looking up from his computer.
"Punk rock James! Keep it up!" I smiled.

I was jotting down a few reminders on the side of my notebook for later next week. I felt like my mind was everywhere with the production finally settling in.

"Amanda! Costumes? Are they coming along?" I asked now.
"Coming!" She quickly came down the side from the front row seats and made her way over to us. She stood before us, pulling out her sketchbook.

"Lay it on me." I brought my hands to my mouth. I was nervous.
"Sexy and lots of denim like you asked." She smiled shyly, setting down the several sketches she made. I began to skim through it, lighting up at how amazing they all turned out.

"Oh-ho Amanda!" I let out.
"Your work is truly amazing!" Kevin lit up also.
"Not too much like the '76 version and you added your own vision just like how I asked, I love it!" I looked up at her with a big smile, making her mimic me. Her eyes gleamed behind her leopard print glasses and her cheeks were tinted pink.

Amanda has always been a shy girl for the short amount of time that I've known her. She was very sweet and had an open mind to just about everything but never shared her views due to her shyness. She was very resourceful and innovative.

"Oh, Rhinnie you must play Chris now! You'll look incredibly hot in those denim jeans!" Kevin pointed out.
"Come on Kevin!" I laughed.
"I agree, you'll look great! I'll even add in a special touch of Rhinnie just for you." Amanda lingered.
"As tempting as that offer is, I appreciate what you two are doing." I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Remember everyone, we want to stick to '76 Carrie!..." I looked at everyone now.
"Nothing modern!" I warned as the crew continued to paint and build more props.

"Jesus this is all so nerve-wracking." I admitted, leaning back in my seat.
"It'll come out great Rhinnie." Kevin placed a hand on my shoulder.
"With us two working together it'll be the talk of the town for weeks." He reassured with enthusiasm.

"Did you hear about Student Body looking for its candidates this morning by the way?" He said now. I raised my brows.
"Seriously? With the election running, the Lodge's plans for the Southside being uncovered, and now Student Body? Just another thing for the Lodge's to get their hands on." I sighed, crossing my arms.