034

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝐈𝐈

I inhaled the heavenly scent of bacon and eggs, letting it pass through my nostrils as it caused my stomach to instantly rumble.

I heard Hot Dog's heavy panting from across the hallway and I lightly chuckled. I swear he was always watching our every move.

I stood up from bed, stretching and making it up before going to get dressed for school.

Once I was ready, I made my way towards the kitchen where I found my brother making breakfast.

As I suspected, The Beast was sitting on my chair at the dinner table, waiting patiently for his share of the bacon.

"Jesus, he's like a human." I chuckled.
"Right? He's a strange kind of something." My brother agreed.

Hot Dog barked happily, almost as if he understood what I had just said. I lightly smiled as I glanced over to Jughead at the stove.

"Morning Jug." I leaned up against the wall to watch him.
"Morning Rhinnie, when did you come home?" He asked.

I pushed off to grab plates for him to set the food on. I took a piece of bacon and sighed at the crisp and greasy flavor.

"Right after. I wanted to be alone so I wrote in my journals and then went over to Sweet Pea's for a bit." I replied, telling somewhat of the truth.

I was home for a bit writing until I was in the mood for some practice down at the quarry. After that I met up with my boyfriend at his place, spending the rest of the night there until early this morning.

Jughead shrugged his shoulders, going back to doing his thing.

I walked over to the table to turn on the radio, tuning into our usual station. There was a song by Fleetwood Mac playing and it inclined me to grab his arm.

"Dance with me Juggie!" I lingered.

He turned to look at me weirdly, chuckling softly before taking the pan off the stove. He took my hand and spun me around.

I laughed as he brought me close, placing his free hand on my waist and keeping our hands laced together. We swayed back and forth.

"I'll always dance with you." He said.

I giggled at remembering when we were younger we would always dance to music mom and dad would play. Sometimes mom would sing for us and we would dance to her voice. She had a great voice.

"Do you remember that time in first grade when the teachers held a small dance for us and a girl took me to dance with her and out of nowhere you pushed her out of the way and clung to me for the rest of the night?" I felt my cheeks heat up at his memory.
"Shut up! I was only looking out for my big brother. The girl had cooties anyway." I defended.