048

𝗦𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝐈𝐈

Around nightfall, we were at the train docks. Half of us rode on bikes while the other half rode in the back of Sweet Pea's truck.

"When we get to the docks, I want half to come with me and the other half to stay here and be ready to hold her down when we get her loaded." Jughead ordered, making us all nod.

We pulled up a little bit before the tracks, hiding the truck within a closed-off area. Then we all huddled around so I could take over.

"Alright everyone, we gotta lay low and follow instructions carefully." I said, placing a hand on Jade and Marcus.
"Jughead, you're up, so get going." I tilted my head for him to make his way to the pancake mix.

"Jade, Blade, Quinn, I need you to check the perimeter and meet us at the mix." I pat the dark-haired, green-eyed girl on the shoulder, letting her take the initiative of her group.
"Right, let's go." Jade said, pulling over her snake mask and heading off with the other two.

I motioned for a few other Serpents to follow them for extra backup. We didn't know if there were any Ghoulies around so it was better to be safe than sorry.

"The rest of us, let's meet with Jughead." I finished.
"Oh, babe! You're so hot when you're in charge!" Toni teased, batting her eyes as she leaned against me. I giggled as we began to walk down the gravel path quietly.

"We finally get to see what all the hype is about, Lady Serpent." Fangs added.
"Oh, come now Fangs. You're not ready for that." I playfully rolled my eyes, making Sweet Pea nervously laugh.
"That's enough taunting the crazy love of my life." He said, coming to wrap an arm around me.

"You sure you wanna do this? You know you can't fight." He whispered in my ear. I giggled, playfully gasping.
"Of course I do! Just because the crazy love of your life is limited to certain skills doesn't mean she can't be useful." I replied, smacking his ass. He went forward, letting out an annoyed chuckle as he turned to see who saw.

"What did I say about that!" He said.
"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said, pinching his chubby cheeks.

I went forward to lead again, pulling over my snake mask. It suddenly triggered a memory from that night to play in my mind. I froze.

I smelled the warehouse. I smelled the emotions that the girls were going through. I smelled the dirty blood that tainted the air. I heard the gunshots and the bullet cases fall to the floor.

I felt the lines between Rhiannon Jones and Lady Serpent slowly blur and one overpowering the other. I'll let you guess who was trying to win.

My fingers found their way to my locket. I haven't touched it in a while. I guess I was trying to forget about the pain or I was too busy living in the now to think about my pain.