01

𝗧𝗼 𝗥𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗱𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻

I rode into Sunnyside Trailer Park, home of the Southside Serpents. It was also home to my dad and brother.

I was going down the dirt path in search of their place.

After mom had taken off with me and Jellybean, dad lost the run-down house we were living in at the time. Lady luck being on his side, he was able to get a new place at Sunnyside and be closer to the Serpents.

If I remember correctly, daddy used to live here when he was younger. Then he knocked up mom, married her, and they moved into a real house on the Northside. Now he's back to where he started.

I picked up some speed, riding deeper into the park.

I used to come here a lot for sleepovers and playdates with my friends.

It all still looked the same as the last time I was here. The only difference was that there were more bikes, more vintage cars, and more vintage trucks.

Sunnyside gave off a greaser-gangster vibe that I had grown fond of over the years. It was honestly my preferred style.

I stopped when I finally found the trailer I was looking for. It was all the way at the end of the main entryway by a few trees.

I caught glimpse of a familiar motorcycle and I smiled, pulling up to park beside it.

Despite how much my family and I have struggled at some point, daddy never got rid of his bike. It was something he took a lot of pride in having.

My brother and I used to get on and pretend to ride it. We thought we were The Ghostrider with flames coming out of us and everything. Dad would catch us and he would stand there watching, breaking out in fits of laughter from the way we were shouting like crazy.

I pulled off my helmet, shaking my dark locks, and looking up at the place. It wasn't all too bad.

The trailer was a little old and discolored, but it was something. Better than nothing.

From a house on Barrymore Street to a smaller house on Oaks Drive, and now a trailer on the Southside. Time really flies by, especially when you're not around anymore.

I chuckled softly before swinging my leg over to stand.

I tossed my backpack over my shoulder and held my carry-ons in one hand. I then went down the side and up the set of wooden steps.

I stood in front of the door, mentally preparing myself. I took a few deep breaths before knocking.

To my surprise, it opened on its own. I was now face-to-face with a set of ocean blue eyes that perfectly mirrored my own.