042

𝗛𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹

𝗛𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹

A few days passed since Jughead did the drop for Penny.

We were now waiting for something to happen. We were specifically waiting to hear back about daddy's release.

It was early in the morning. Toni and I had met up to head for the Wyrm.

I had talked to her over breakfast the other day about moving out from my brother and father's place to get a place of my own. She thought it was a great idea and she liked it even more at hearing that she had a place to crash whenever she got locked out.

She wanted to help by having me get a job for extra cash and so she was having me bartend with her at the Wyrm. Hog Eye wasn't opposed to the idea.

He said he needed the extra hand so he was glad to put me on. The only thing was that I was conditioned to perform for the bar once in a while.

You can guess how I took that because I did not want to sing again for anything in the world. I accepted the deal anyway.

"Alright, you'll start picking up shifts whenever Topaz is bartending. Since she's worked here for quite a while now, she'll mentor you." Hog Eye ordered, making Toni smile with authority.

"See Rhinnie, you'll love it. You'll get used to it very quickly. I promise." She said, leaning her arm coolly on my shoulder.
"I trust you're in good hands. Keep me updated on your progress." He turned to head out back to check on the new shipment of alcohol that had arrived.

I felt my stomach grumble for what felt like the fifth time that morning. I was becoming desperate for some food again.

"I think I'm gonna call Sweet Pea and see if he wants to go to Pop's." I said as I fished for my phone.
"Again? Rhinnie, we just had breakfast there." Toni furrowed her brows.
"I know, I know, but I've been so hungry lately!" I whined.

We went out into the bar to go find a seat. We just relaxed and talked about random nonsense. It was like any other day at school and at each other's place for us.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I smiled when I looked up to see it was Sweet Pea.

"Good morning, princess. You're up early today." He lingered in my ear.
"Good morning." I pecked his lips sweetly.

"That's because your girl just got a job here at the Wyrm. She'll be bartending with me from now on." Toni announced as she sipped at her beer.
"Really? Congrats." He pinched my nose with a smile.