04

𝗦𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗲

𝗦𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗲

The cool breeze brushed against my face as I rode out into the night.

Toni held onto me as I revved up my bike to go faster. She was letting me sleep over tonight with the company of Fangs since I owed them both an explanation. We were excited to be able to spend some much needed time together.

Toni and I were up against Fangs and Sweet Pea on our way back to Sunnyside. We were racing.

I revved my engine again as I pulled forward on Fangs.

"Dammit, Rhiannon!" He cursed.
"Ha!" I laughed, catching up with Sweet Pea. He was only a few feet ahead of me.

"Eat shit, Fogarty!" Toni laughed, flipping him off.
"Come on Fogarty! You're supposed to be faster than that!" Sweet Pea teased.
"Fuck you guys!" Fangs remarked.
"Nah! I'm gay!" Toni fired back, making all of us laugh and continue our ride.

"Whoo-hoo! Rhiannon's back baby!" She cheered into the air. I smiled.

The stretch of road seemed forever but we made it.

We pulled up in front of Toni's trailer a few minutes later and she swung her leg over to get off. She lost a bit of her balance since she had drunk a bit.

"You two go ahead and grab your stuff, I'll set everything up." She motioned to me and Fangs.
"For sure, I'll be back in a bit." He said before turning to head in the opposite direction, leaving me and Sweet Pea.

Toni then went up the steps and stopped to look at us before heading inside. A perverted smirk crept on her face and I giggled.

"Don't fuck each other out here." She lingered, disappearing inside.
"Nice one Topaz! Very mature!"
"I'm not that good either!" Sweet Pea leaned his head back to laugh.
"That's a load of shit." I snorted.
"I won't lie, it helps assert my dominance." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

"You know... if you're ever down, we should drag race." He offered.
"Sure since you're begging to lose." I teased.
"Oh-ho, you wish darlin'." He braced himself to head off.

"Have fun at your sleepover." He gave me a small smile.
"Thanks. See ya later." He rode off and disappeared around the corner.

I shut the engine off my bike and pushed it towards home.

Oh, gee not less than a day back and I already managed to tangle myself with some random guy. If mom could me now.

I left my bike in the spot beside dad's bike and went up the steps, quietly opening the door.

I found Jughead sleeping on the couch. I lightly smiled, gently throwing a blanket over him before going to gather my stuff in the room.

I wandered back into the kitchen where I wrote a little note saying I was spending the night at a friend's, and that I would be back in the morning. I folded it and placed it in the center of the table where Jughead could see it.