00

𝗧𝗲𝗻 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗔𝗴𝗼

𝗧𝗲𝗻 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗔𝗴𝗼

A stinging sensation formed on my hands due to the cuts and bruises I had earned earlier. Every second that went by, it was slowly becoming an excruciating pain.

I went down the hall and into the kitchen to grab an ice pack.

I had been running around with daddy all week. He was helping me go through the initiation ceremony to become a Southside Serpent.

Excitement and nervousness filled me at first because I didn't know what I was getting into. I didn't know what was going to happen after I got in with the club. This was all new for me.

In the end, it turned out to be a piece of cake.

The idea of getting into daddy's gang actually made me feel brave. I wanted this.

Tonight I had to run The Gauntlet. Daddy kept me from doing it because he didn't want to see his little girl get hurt, but he did let me beat up the other kid Serpents— that included my best friends. It wasn't just my initiation but it was theirs too.

I giggled at remembering their faces when they heard daddy had given me a free pass. I giggled more when they learned I got to squash it out with them.

My friends and I were only seven years old, and tonight we were officially considered a gang of fresh blood. We were fresh Southside Serpents.

It was late at night when I had got up.

There were voices echoing down the hall. I carefully crept behind a wall, peering over to see it was mommy and daddy. They were fighting, again.

They were trying to keep quiet, but obviously it wasn't working. I heard them.

"Seriously FP?..." Mommy let out frustrated.
"First the construction job and now you're putting our own children through the same life you were forced into?" Daddy didn't say anything.
"Rhiannon is just a child for christ's sake!" All he did was take a big swig from his beer.

Daddy had gotten fired from Fred's Construction Company due to him always getting into trouble with the law. Especially with the Serpents.

I didn't hold anything against Mr. Andrews. I adored him. He was a great man and an amazing father, and always did what was right. He was also daddy's best friend.

Unfortunately, ever since daddy's been off work, we've been living off mommy's savings. She hasn't worked in a very long time, but she somehow managed to pay for our little house on the edge of the Northside.

"I'll get another job." Daddy simply replied.
"Doing what?" She scoffed.
"Hauling weed? Hard drugs?" She listed. I was scared at hearing her words.